Search for content in message boards

Sagely's "East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana cemetery inscriptions"

Sagely's "East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana cemetery inscriptions"

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 2:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Machauer
Does anyone have ready access to Sagely's "East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana cemetery inscriptions"? The nearest copy I can find is 80 miles away. If you do, I'd appreciate a peek for the surname "Machauer". In particular, Christopher Alvin d. 29 Feb 1940 & Henry Adam d. 16 Apr 1944, both in Jackson. The first may have been a patient at the state hospital.

Re: Sagely's "East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana cemetery inscriptions"

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 4:23AM GMT
I do not see the surname Machauer (or anything similar) in the index.

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 11:49AM GMT
Thank you for checking for me. Hmmm. Now, I wonder just where they might have been buried? I might have to get copies of their death certificates.

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 3:26AM GMT
Hi, sorry I'm just now seeing this...a lot of patients from the hospital were buried in a cemetery near the town cemetery, but they didn't have headstones. The hospital may or may not have any info on who is buried there. If it's possible they were a patient, that's why there's no info in Ms. Sagely's book, she just did the available headstones.

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 3:26AM GMT
Hi, sorry I'm just now seeing this...a lot of patients from the hospital were buried in a cemetery near the town cemetery, but they didn't have headstones. The hospital may or may not have any info on who is buried there. If it's possible they were a patient, that's why there's no info in Ms. Sagely's book, she just did the available headstones.

Posted: 8 Dec 2013 1:50AM GMT
Surnames: Machauer
I eventually got around to ordering a copy of Henry Machauer's death certificate. It only says that he died at the state hospital 4/16/1944 and was "removed" the same day to Jackson but does not say where he is buried. The funeral director listed on the D.C. looks like "P W Roberts". I wonder if there are any records in Jackson to indicate which cemetery he might have been buried in? Also, I was told that the records of burials at the state hospital cemetery were transferred to the state archives.

Posted: 8 Dec 2013 3:48AM GMT
Patients that died at East were buried in their cemetery unless their families picked them up, it's part of the Jackson town cemetery. As far as I know there are no headstones, but if I'm remembering correctly not too long ago the DCI inmates (our local prison) made crosses to go on the graves as markers/headstones. I have also heard the burial records went to State Archives, but haven't looked there for them when I've been there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions