Search for content in message boards

James DAILEY (DALLY)

James DAILEY (DALLY)

Posted: 9 Sep 2001 12:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jul 2005 4:27AM GMT
Surnames: Dailey, Dally, Braden, Murply, Lane
I am trying to locate James Dailey (gggrandfather) that was b: 1801 on the Western Reserve in OHIO. I do not know the names of parents or siblings. He left the Western Reserve when he was 16. M; Rebecca Applegate in Monongahela, PA, in 1824, raised a large family in Greene County, PA, D: 1885 in Greene County & buried West Finley Cemetery, PA. Names of children: Calvin, Robert, Polly, Sarah Jane (Braden), John, Mary, Elizabeth, James b: 1838, Nancy, Elisha, Susan (Murphy) William, Erwin, Anna Belle.

There was a Charles, Isaac & John DAILEY (DALLY) in Trumbull CO., OHIO in 1800. One of these men must have been the father! I know the names of spouses for Charles (Jenny Lane) & Isaac (Effie Lane) but dont know the spouse for John. We made a trip to Warren, OH & went to the Court House, Library, Historical & Genealogical Societies, & cemeteries & made copies of everything we found. Books say Charles & Isaac were from Washington County, PA, but I dont know about John. I found a Charles & Isaac in the 1790 Census for Washington County, PA. Charles, Isaac & John were born in Augusta County, VA in the 1760s. They must have gone from VA, to PA & then to OH.

We made two trips to Washington & Greene County, PA, going to the Court House, Library, Historical & Genealogy Societies and cemeteries. I have James Dailey well documented since the first child was born in 1825 & know many of the families, but no one knows the parents of James Dailey b: 1801.

I hope someone can help me. I would be willing to exchange info on James DAILEY (DALLY)

Re: DAILEY of Pennsylvania

Posted: 19 Sep 2001 12:26AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2005 4:28AM GMT
Surnames: Dailey
I have been looking for the parents of William T. Dailey, born in Pennsylvania in 1802. I wonder if James might be a brother of your James. William received a land grant in 1828 in Seneca County, Ohio and later moved on to Allen County, Ohio.

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 8:26AM GMT
my name is james dailey and my ancesters came from the west finley,apello area of penn.the timeline you are searching fits the grandfather i am searching for.i found 1 grand named james t circa 1830-1863 died in civil war moved from west finley to red rock iowa bet 1850-1856 married sophia pond and was in company of hannah templeton from west finley.i am looking for his father and his father was named james to.my family says they migrated here from ireland in the mid 1700,s into philidelphia and went to work in the coal mines in west penn.james was a ships carpenter so his expertise fitted shoring up mines with timbers.but these family stories dont help a lot to get the right james they might be the same ones you seek i hope i can help you

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 8:27AM GMT
my name is james dailey and my ancesters came from the west finley,apello area of penn.the timeline you are searching fits the grandfather i am searching for.i found 1 grand named james t circa 1830-1863 died in civil war moved from west finley to red rock iowa bet 1850-1856 married sophia pond and was in company of hannah templeton from west finley.i am looking for his father and his father was named james to.my family says they migrated here from ireland in the mid 1700,s into philidelphia and went to work in the coal mines in west penn.james was a ships carpenter so his expertise fitted shoring up mines with timbers.but these family stories dont help a lot to get the right james they might be the same ones you seek i hope i can help you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic