Search for content in message boards

Haplogroup G2a1c2a1b

Haplogroup G2a1c2a1b

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 3:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Nov 2012 5:30PM GMT
My husband tested with Family Tree DNA. His DNA results are G2a1c2a1b. I manually downloaded them into Ancestry's DNA program. When I search for matches I keep getting 0 returns. If there are other G2a's on Ancestry should they not show up even if not a direct match?
His ancestry has been traced to his Gt. Grandfather and no further back. His G.G.Grandmother, we believe, was unmarried so the father was not known.

So, for those of you who have G2a ancestry...are your results showing on Ancestry's site? Or, are there no G results at all showing on this site?

Re: Haplogroup G2a1c2a1b

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 4:25PM GMT
As yet, Ancestry has a relatively small database for you to use in comparisons. Time will tell.

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 4:31PM GMT
If this database is that small then it is a good reason to test at family tree DNA. There is a much larger G project there.
But, what I would like to see is what haplogroups are represented on Ancestry. For some reason they do not make that information available.

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 5:14PM GMT
They have never agreed to provide it. They MAY, next year.

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 3:35AM GMT
My haplogroup is also predicted to be G2a1c2a1b L497+. I have not posted that information on my profile, I refer to the Familytreedna website for that.

My Ancestry is in Wales.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic