Search for content in message boards

John Wood/Rebecca Ballard

John Wood/Rebecca Ballard

sandy (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2002 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on John Wood, husband of Rebecca Ballard. John was born in Va. and died in Ky. John and Rebecca had several children, including, Martha, Green C., Sidney, Francis and several others. Any information about John or his parents and siblings will be greatly appreciated.

Re: John Wood/Rebecca Ballard

Posted: 20 May 2002 4:31AM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2002 4:19AM GMT
Looking for Francis Woods b abt 1792 in Va. who married Nancy?

Kim

sandy (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2002 2:47PM GMT
Hi Kim,
the Francis Wood Crawley in my family line was a woman...Sorry.

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2002 4:11PM GMT
Did this john and Rebecca have a son named Robert Lee? What years are you talking about?

Debbie

sandy (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2002 10:51PM GMT
Debbie,
My John Wood was born in Prince William Co. Va. in 1788, he died in Owen Co. Ky., 2-7-1849, he married Rebecca Ballard, daughter of Larkin Ballard and Elizabeth Gaines, Rebecca was born in Monroe Co. Va., in 1795, she died in 1876 in Lockport, Henry Co. Ky. John and Rebecca were married, 8-21-1820 in Charleston, Clark Co. IN. These are the names of the children that I have:
Frances "Fannie"
Green Clay
Rebecca Jane
Martha (my gg grandmother)
Elizabeth
William
Robert b. abt.1833
Lucy Ann
Paulina
Sidney S.

If this is your Robert Wood, let me know, I have some more information.

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2002 1:49AM GMT
This could be my Robert Wood. I do know that he married a Sarah ?? and had at least one son, William M. Wood, born 13 April 1850 in Louisville, KY. On William M. Wood's death certificate(he is my husband's Ggrandfather) its lists his father, Robert Lee Wood, born in KY and Sarah ?? also born in Kentucky. If any of this information matches yours let me know!

teachmusic@juno.com

sandy (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2002 2:48PM GMT
I don't have anymore information on Robert other than what you saw, Martha is my connection and I also have a little bit of information on, Francis, Green C. and Sidney. I haven't started working on this side of the family too much. I just found out recently about the other siblings of Martha, other than the ones mentioned above. If I locate anything else I will post it for you...Sandy

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2002 8:36PM GMT
thanks for looking. That would be great if you could find anything else on this line. Keep me posted and if I find out any more, I will let you know also.

Debbie

Posted: 14 Jun 2002 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: Wood/Terrell
I don't know if this is relative, but I am decended from a John R Wood who was born around 1876 and died in 1948. His father was also John Wood who may have been born in Virginia around Powell Mountain. We know they at one time lived there as well as in Tennessee or Kentucky. We have no information about John Sr. . John R's mother was named Lorinda Terrell but she may not have been married to John Sr.

sandy (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2002 10:09PM GMT
My John Wood was born in 1788, Prince William Co. Va., he died February 7, 1849 in Owen Co. Ky., he was married to Rebecca Ballard, daughter of Larkin Ballard and Elizabeth Gaines. John and Rebecca married, August 21, 1820 in Charleston, Clark Co. In. Some of their children were:Martha, Francis, Sidney, and Green C. Wood. Martha was my great great grandmother, married to Harbert/Harbison Blair Crawley.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions