Search for content in message boards

Azor Cole Obituary

Azor Cole Obituary

Posted: 9 Sep 2005 1:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
This newspaper clipping was in an old family bible I recently purchased. Sorry, but there aren’t any dates in this obituary. I believe him to be the Azor Cole that was born in 1779 in Connecticut, and died in 1862 at Decatur, Illinois.
Attachments:

Re: Azor Cole Obituary

Posted: 21 Sep 2005 5:36PM GMT
Hello Candace,

Azor COLE was my 4th great grandfather. Thank you for posting the obituary notice you found. He was born 23 June,1783 in Ballston, Albany, New York and died 15 October, 1862 in Decator, Macon, Illinois. He died at the home of his daughter & son - in - law. I am not seeking to obtain the bible purchase you made, but if you would please, tell me about the info recorded in the old family bible you found the death notice in? If you would like, email me directly at, bdeller@rochester.rr.com Thank you for your time.

Candace (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 2005 6:03PM GMT
One step ahead of you!! I have all the information (including scanned images of the family records from the bible) posted on my website. Unfortunately I haven't made a connection with Azor Cole. It is possible that he was just a family friend, or I just haven't found the link yet.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~candysfamilys/home....

If you go towards the bottom of the page, you will see Daniel Thorp; click on his name for the bible records.

Interestingly, I purchased a photo album with Cole family connections, but they were from Orange Co., NY. That information is at the bottom of the page. Please let me know if you find a connection or if there is anything else I could help you with.

Candace

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 2:51AM GMT
Hi, I also have an Azor Cole in my family. But he started out in Conneticut and moved to Livingston, NY where he passed away. I was hoping your Azor was mine, but wrong dates:)

Posted: 20 Dec 2012 7:58PM GMT
Edited: 20 Dec 2012 7:59PM GMT
Ok, I guess this Azor is in the family. He would be Azor L cole. His grandfather Azor Cole was a general in the Continental Army in the Revolutionary War> Was the Bible something you wanted to keep?? This mans brother John is my 5x great Grandfather. It would be a treasure to have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic