Search for content in message boards

Henry Stanley Siddall

Henry Stanley Siddall

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 5:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Siddall
If anybody has access to The Toronto Star obituaries I am trying to obtain an obituary for Henry Stanley Siddall and his wife Edna Gertrude Wallace.

I was able to track Henry Stanley Siddall up to 1953 in the Toronto City Directory and noticed that there is an obit or death notice on 20 Oct 1953. Henry Stanley Siddall was born 23 Dec 1890 Middlesex County.

Henry's wife, Edna Gertrude Wallace was born 1 Nov 1897. There was still an Edna Siddle listed in the 1957 & 1958 Toronto City Directories.

I am hoping to determine who Henry Stanley's family members were and if Henry Stanley's mother was still alive and lised as a survivor.

Wilma
Brandon MB

Re: Henry Stanley Siddall

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 6:19PM GMT
Hello I looked at the paper for October 20, 1953 and the Siddall is a Percy Siddall that is mentioned on someone's obituary. I have looked and can't find anything but will let you know if I come across anything.

Nancy

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 6:25PM GMT
Hi there's a chance they may be buried at Parklawn Cemetery with their daughter Bertha Diane Siddall. I have included Bertha's obituary and the link for you to Parklawn Cemetery contact page. Hope this helps.

http://parklawnlp.ca/park-lawn-cemetery-mausoleum/
Attachments:

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 7:15PM GMT
I had really hoped that was the obit for Henry Stanley as 1953 is the last entry I could find for him in the city directory.

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 8:31PM GMT
Try contacting the cemetery of the link I sent you. If they are buried there send me the dates if different and I will look them up for you. It is also possuble that an obit appeared in the Toronto Telegram but that is on reels at the archives or the reference library.

Nancy

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 8:51PM GMT
I contacted the cemetery and they got back to me already. I never had a cemetery get back to me that fast.

Bertha Diane Siddall is in Section “S” Lot “437” . She was buried on March. 16, 1931 at 11 months of age. In the lot with her is her father

Henry Stanley Siddall. His date of burial was July. 22, 1946 at age 55.

Edna was remarried. We have her listed as Edna Cowan. She is also in this lot. Her date of burial was March. 29, 1984 at the age of 86.

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 8:54PM GMT
Wow fantastic I will look when I get home in a couple of hours. Just at an appointment.

Nancy

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 11:02PM GMT
Hi there, here you go.

Cowan, Edna Toronto Star March 29, 1984 pg F-17

H. Stanley Siddall Toronto Star July 20, 1946 pg 23
Attachments:

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 3:50PM GMT
Thanks, it looks like I was following the son, Henry Stanley and his mother and then in 1957/58 I saw Edna listed with a David Siddall. I was also able to confirm that Henry Stanley's mother was still alive. It is sad as she outlived all her children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions