Search for content in message boards

Cole Family of Kemper County, MS.

Cole Family of Kemper County, MS.

Shelly Belk (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2005 1:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole
I'm currently researching the Cole family of Mississippi.
The family I'm trying to find any info at all on goes as follows:

John Cole, married Jane Bounds (N.C.?)
Stephen William Cole b. May 16, 1760 in N.C.,d. 1822
He married Nancy Terry in 1782 in N.C.
Stephen Cole, b. July 2, 1792 in N.C.
He married UNKNOWN Indian Woman.
Calvin Canady Cole b. abt. 1826, died in Kemper Co., MS.
Francis "Fannie" Cole marrried James White, Kemper Co., MS.

Any help at all would help me tremendously!! Any pictures pertaining to this Cole family, stories, censuses, anything!!!!
Thank you.

Shelly Belk
Mississippi

Re: Cole Family of Kemper County, MS.

Posted: 1 Oct 2005 1:16PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2006 9:20PM GMT
Shelly, I just might make your day! I teach genealogy and was reworking my Internet guide sheets....popped on the Cole message board to see if my links still worked. My daughter and I researched this Cole family (ours on both sides) in 1995 and published a book. Some of the research coming from North Carolina I am still in doubt about but have not been able to refute. Have info in the book about Stephen (the father) and his family.....Calvin and his family, Hiram and his family....those are the two brothers we descend from. There are pictures from the Calvin and Hiram side. STILL can't find anything on Stephen's wife...the "Indian" (if this is true). There are anecdotal records from both Calvin and Hiram's families. Have included a list of source material as documentation.

If you would like a copy I could send you one for $25.00. If so, let me know and I'll send my address.

bShelly Belk (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2005 12:08PM GMT
Hi Jan, thanks for telling me about the info you have on the Cole family that I'm researching. It would be wonderful to have a copy of your book!!! Please do send me your address, you can email me with it at my email address at : sbelk@bellsouth.net

I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks again!

Shelly

Cole Family in Illinois

Chuck (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2005 8:44PM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Foster, Gideon and Hunter
I am looking for the family of John Cole b 1830 Il. or Ky. d March 1880. Married Elisabeth Hunter 11,22,1855' Parthena Cole 2/17.1864 and Eliza C. Foster 1112/1867. Eliza Foster b 5/19/1847 in Mt. Auburn, Il. d 3/07/1930 in Decatur, Il.

Children with Elisabeth Hunter; William b 4/13/1857 in Mt. Auburn, Il. d 4/26/1926 Macon, Il., Mary Josephine Cole Beschler b 6/23/1859 and Alice.

Children with Eliza Foster; John F., J.B., Frank, Charles Edward b 5/18/1872 in Mt. Auburn, Il. d 10/07/1946 in Decatur, Il., George W. b 8/24/1879 in Blue Mound, Il. d 6/04/1950 in Springfield, Il.

Re: Cole Family in Illinois

Shelly (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2005 1:19PM GMT
Chuck,

I'm sorry, but my Cole family isn't from Illinios. I'll look through my records and see if I can find anyone from Illiniois. GOOD LUCK on your searching!

Shelly

Re: Cole Family in Illinois

Chuck (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2005 9:02PM GMT
Shelly

Thanks for answering my message. We believe our family came to Illinois from Kentucky. I have made a couple of trips through Kentucky but couldn't find the necessary link to prove this but I think it is true. We think our family made the trip from Christian Cty., Ky. to Christian Cty., Ilinois and have some evidence that they may have traveled from Livingston and other counties in Kentucky. If your family is from S. Carolina or Virginia I may be able to help you.

Thanks,
Chuck

Posted: 18 Jul 2006 4:56AM GMT
Could you please tell me if Calvin Cole you have listed was born in1832 and was married to a Lucinda. I might be interested in your book if so.
Dorsie Nix/Parrent Dot91530@aol.com

Jan Arthur (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2006 4:35AM GMT
Our Calvin Canady Cole was born 05 Jan 1824 in NC to Stephen and Martha Cole and died 08 March 1886 in Kemper Co., MS . He is buried at Hopewell Cemetery in Kemper Co. He was married to Mary Lucinda "Polly" Cole b. January 1828, the daughter of John and Mary Rachel Tolbert.

Does this fit any of your inquiry?

Jan Arthur

Posted: 18 Nov 2007 7:49AM GMT
John Calvin Cole has a duaghter named Nannie O. Cole. Is this Jonh the son of Calvin Cole and Mary L.?

Jeremy Housley

Posted: 19 Nov 2007 4:56AM GMT
I believe so....if she is Nancy Octavia Cole b. 16 Mar 1886 in Cleburne, TX ...married Harlan Pierce b. 31 Dec 1908. I believe Nancy to be the 5th child of John Calvin Cole. John Calvin is the 2nd child of Calvin Canady and Mary Lucinda "Polly" Cole who reared their family in Kemper Co., MS.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic