Search for content in message boards

Alexander & his son Peter McAllister

Alexander & his son Peter McAllister

Posted: 25 Oct 2002 4:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Nov 2005 3:31PM GMT
Surnames: McAllister, Gardner, Arrowood, Dingman, Rasnic
I am searching for anyone who is connected to Alexander McAllister, bn. August 1834, died 25 September 1896. He married Sophrona Gardner. They had a son named Peter McAllister, bn. April 2, 1869 Wisconsin, died Nov. 5, 1951 at Puyallup, Wa.. Peter married a few times. First to Ida (or Mary Ida)Arrowood, second to Myrtle Arrowood, and I believe third to Emma Dingman. He may have been married a fourth time to Mary Rasnic. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has information in regard to these families.

Eileen Brudwick
alacookie@aol.com

Re: Alexander & his son Peter McAllister

Posted: 6 Jul 2003 1:47AM GMT
Do you know where in Wisconsin he was from? I have just started searching for my grandfather's family, McAllister's who lived in the Stoughton area of Dane County, Wisconsin. His name was Floyd George McAllister (b. 3 March 1913, d. 1 Sept. 1988). Floyd married Beatrice Bailey and they had 4 children. After the marriage, or maybe before, Floyd had a falling out with his family. So we don't have much information to go on. There are cousins that I know of in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Does any of this sound familiar?

Posted: 5 Feb 2008 6:08PM GMT
I show Peter McAllister married to Ida Arrowood in 1899, then apparently she died or they divorced. He then married Myrtle Arrowood after 1900. Peter and Ida had a son, Alexander McAllister b. Aug 1899. Ida must have died in child birth. Then Peter and Myrtle had Floyd McAllister b. in 1902. That is all I have right now.

Posted: 5 Feb 2008 6:19PM GMT
Surnames: Arrowood, McAllister, Eheler, Eheler, Homuth, Stange
Hi Alvin,
Ida Arrowood was Peter McAllister's 2nd wife. Ida died in 1899, but from what was called quick consumption at that time. Alexander then was raised by his grandparents. Peter married again the 3rd time to Myrtle Arrowood in 1900. Myrtle died in 1915. Peter married two more times before his death in 1951. If you would like more information, please e-mail me at:
ebrudwick@yahoo.com
I would like to exchange more of the Arrowood history with you too, if you would like.

Eileen

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 1:33AM GMT
Surnames: McAllister, Gardner
Hello! I am interested in the McAllisters, particularly Peter's mother Sophronia Gardner. She is my great-great-great-grandmother Manerva Gardner Barber's oldest sister. They were 2 of 21 children born to John Wesley Gardner and his two wives. I would love to know what you might have on Sophronia Gardner McAllister!
Jack

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 7:57PM GMT
I have a song written in 1908 by CD McAllester (a GG Grandfather) with music written by "Mss. May Gardner'. I don't know how they are related though. CD was born (I think) and lived in Saline County, AR, and is buried in Garland County. Hope we both have something else to share.

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 1:22PM GMT
Hi...I'm not sure, but it may be that May Gardner could be a sister to Sophronia Gardner. Sophronia Gardner married Alexander (Alex) McAllister. I didn't do much research on the Gardner family, but I would love to have a copy of the song, if you wouldn't mind sharing it with me.

Hope to hear back from you!
Eileen

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 7:54PM GMT
I don't know of any Alexander or Peter in my line. My people came from Ireland before the Rev. War, to SC., in early 1700's.
Goodspeed Bio on JN McAllester on the Saline County, AR web site gives more info.
I email you the poem and one photo.

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: McAllister & Gardner
What Gardners do you have in your file? John & Mary Gardner were Sophronia Gardner McAllister's parents, and they had Sophronia in Pennsylvania.

Thank you for e-mailing me the poem & photo, I would really like to see both.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions