Search for content in message boards

John Mitchell Murray and his wife Catharine Sexton

John Mitchell Murray and his wife Catharine Sexton

Posted: 13 Jan 2007 9:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murray, Sexton, Christian, Reynolds, and Young
I am seeking the burial place of these people. He was known as M, Mitch, and John in Tazewell newpapers. He got a Confedeate Pension and she later got a widow's pension. I have downloaded copies from the Library of Virginia.
John was said to have been born in March 1838 in Wythe Co, died in Tazewell County of cancer on 14 Nov 1920. She was still alive in 1921. They lived in or near Adria according to their pension applications. He died of cancer. Seeking the locations of their graves. Known children included Walter M. who married Viola Christian, Peter A. who married Maude, Asa Valentine who married Amanda B. Reynolds, Hiram, William J. who married Maggie, Sarah, Martha, and Cora Lee who married Marion Young. Also seeking burial location of Asa Valentine and his wife Amanda B.

Re: John Mitchell Murray and his wife Catharine Sexton

Posted: 15 Jan 2007 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: Murray/Shelton/Ray/Lowe/Proffitt/Cline,Johnson
Chris , I am also researching this line and would like any info you can provide. These people were my ggrandparents. Their son Harvey F Murray was my grandfather. Thank you . Debbie Cox

Re: John Mitchell Murray and his wife Catharine Sexton

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 9:40PM GMT
Surnames: Murray's
This is my Murray line from Tazewell Co. Va.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions