Search for content in message boards

Falkner

Falkner

Russell Goodwin (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ussery, Gulledge

Am trying to research Falkner line that made pottery in Sterrett 1860-1900.I understand some decendents are stil around Vandiver-Sterrett area.My GGgrandfather was Joel Elmer Falkner 1815-1864.Son of Job Falkner 1777-1843 and Sarah Ussery 1818-1877 Would lke to share information.Thank you.:Rusty Goodwin

Falkner/Collins

D.D. Collins (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Falkner, Collins, Parker, Vandiver, Stewart
New to genealogy research & just learning about the Falkner line. Job Falkner and Sarah Ussery were my gggggrandparents. William Gulledge Falkner & Nancy Parker were my ggggrandparents. William Hilliard Collins & Nancy Falkner were my gggrandparents. Samuel Collins & Drucilla Ann Vandiver were my ggrandparents. James Blannie Collins & Mary L. Stewart were my grandparents. All except Job & Sarah lived in Shelby County, near or around Vandiver-Sterret. Louise Moore Sims has written a book about the Falkner family, "The Last Chief of the Kewahatchie.

Parker's in Shelby Co. c. 1840

Gary Parker (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Parker, Roberts, Batson, Bearden
One of my dead ends is in Shelby Co. AL. these darn Parker's acted as if they where hiding from every one except the undertaker (I can find their graves but no record of their existance!!! I have extensive data, including the family bible of George W. Parker b. 12/1819 but I can't find his birth/death place and have only found 2 of his children James E. P., burried in Jefferson Co, and Henry Ward P., burried in Shelby Co. Do you know anthing about Nancy Parker's family? I recorded a Nancy P. in a Shelby Co. on one of my visits. Thanks, Gary Parker

Falkner

Russell Goodwin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ussery, Falkner, Goodwin

Joel Falkner 1815-1864(died in war)and his wife Sarah Ussery 1818-1877 were my GGgrandparents.William Gulledge Falkner b.1805 is Joels brother.Their parents were Job Falkner 1777-1843 and Mary Gulledge 1776-1870.Both buried in Randolph County Al.Joel is buried at Confederate cemetery in Mobile.(Magnolia Cemetery) Sara is buried at Old Sterrett Cemetery.Joels daughter Isabelle Falkner 1861 -1924 is my Ggandmother.She married Thomas Goodwin 1854 -1901 (son of Asa) Does anyone know where old Falkner Schoolhouse is in Shelby County?Heard about the book.Don't have one yet.

Collins/Falkner/Parker

Posted: 8 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Collins, Falkner, Parker
Sorry, I don't know much about the Parker family line except what I have read in the "Last Chief of the Kewahatchie" According to this source, Nancy Laura Parker was the daughter of Thad & Rachel (?) Parker. They came from SC, to GA, to Shelby County, AL. Thad's sister Emmiline married Aaron Breed. William G. Falkner boarded with the Goodwin, Parker, & Breed families while he and his brother Jefferson Falkner were attending school in GA. William G. & Asa Goodwin were good friends. I have not documented any of this info. but we are starting to check it out. Who is George Parker & how is he related to Nancy Parker Falkner? I have heard that Nancy was buried @ the Old Freewill Baptist Church Cemetery @ Sterrett, not sure, will attempt to find out.

Falkner/Collins

Posted: 8 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Falkner, Collins, Parker
R.Goodwin, we're cousins! Thanks for the information! Are
William G. & Nancy Parker Falkner buried @ Old Sterrett Cemetery along with Sara or @ Old Freewill Baptist Church Cemetery @ Sterrett? Or are they the one & same? The Falkner School House still exists on Bear Creek, near Vandiver-Sterrett,in Shelby County Alabama. Miss Sims says it is in desperate need of repair & would like to see it restored. I will attempt to find out exact location and advise ASAP. Collins family will have another reunion @ the Freewill Baptist Church @ Vandiver, located near crossroads,Mother's Day,May 14,2000. Please come if you can. Louise Moore Sims will probably be therr along with other Collins/Falkner descendents, some doing genealogical research. We may be able to help each other.

NANCY PARKER FALKNER & WILLIAM GULLEDGE FALKNER

MARY ELLEN FALKNER ROACH (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: FALKNER
NANCY PARKER & WILLIAM GULLEDGE FALKNER WAS MY GRANDPARENTS ALSO, AFTER NANCY PASSED AWAY WILLIAM MARRIED FADORA CLOUD FALKNER AND ALL THREE ARE BURIED IN THE OLD STERRETT CEMETERY. I WILL BE GLAD TO SHARE ANY INFORMATION THAT I HAVE ABOUT THE FALKNERS I HAVE.

EMAIL ME AT MEROACH01@AOL.COM
Posted: 21 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2001 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: Howard, Glass, Parker, Lindsey
Shelby county
Thomas Parker married Sarah Catherine Howard my Descendant Mary Annie or Mary ANGELINE Or Mary Elizabeth Parker yes 3 different names most offen Mary Annie, sisters Josephine,
Della, ???, brothers Archie, Rilley, There are alot of Parkers burried lived near bear creek,llabove@camtel.net
I had name of cemetery but can't find now Mary born 1878 sarah lived with daughter don't know if husband died or divorced

Parker Family

Posted: 5 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2001 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: Parker, Howard
Trying to find info on Thomas Parker married Sarah Katherine Howard (Catherine) she was called Sarah parents of Della, Riley,Josephine,Mary Annie, and Archie (Mary Annie born 1876 abt.she is my great grandmother. PLEASE help me. have picture of Sarah and daughters. also Sarah and one of her sons. llabove@camtel.net Don't know proper order of childrens births Archie believe to be youngest.

Shelby Co. AL./ PARKER

Posted: 7 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2002 7:45PM GMT
Surnames: PARKER, DOBBINS, HOWARD
I have a:
JAMES LAWRENCE PARKER b. 08Jun1852 d. 17Feb1917 Dallas Co. AL.
m.
EMELINE FOSTER HOWARD b. 13Oct1854 Tn. d. Aug1925 Shelby Co. AL.
Ch:
Martha Lewetter b. 1874 Bear Creek, Shelby Co. AL.
Nancy Ann Samantha b. 1875 same d. Fl.
William Eligia b. 1877 same
Jinney Nettie b. 1880 same
ISAAC WILSON b. 1881 Bear Creek, Shelby Co. AL. (MINE)d.Il.
John Henry Jackson b. 1884 same
Amos Lawrence b. 1887 same
James Elis b. 1889 same
Thomas Hudson b. 1891 same

Are these the Parker family you are looking for?
Jackie Cleveland Allen
Oklahoma
agallen@brightok.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions