Search for content in message boards

Lonnie Comstock

Lonnie Comstock

Roger Comstock (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Comstock
Looking for information about my grandfather, Lonnie Floyd Comstock born around 1900 in Russet, Johnston Co., OK. About the only other information I know is that he married Maggie Jewel Price, he died in Tulsa, OK, and his SS number was issued in Kansas.

Re: Lonnie Comstock

Posted: 29 Aug 2001 11:55PM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2002 12:30AM GMT
Hi. I am looking for an Alonzo (Lonnie) Comstock who was born about 1860 possibly in Oklahoma Territory, who married Glady Mullins and lived in Pontotoc County Oklahoma in 1910. Would expect there is some family connect here with your Lonnie Floyd Comstock.

Robin

Posted: 21 Feb 2002 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: Comstock, Scrimshire, Price
Hi Robin:

I have also been in contact with Roger Comstock about this line. My friend's grandmother was Pansy Alberta Comstock, who was the brother of Roger's grandfather, Lonnie Floyd Comstock. Their parents were Alonzo Lloyd Comstock and Lillie Dee Scrimshire (I have verified this off of Pansy's SS application).

Have you been able to form a connection with this family?

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Donna Washburn

Posted: 13 Mar 2002 7:03AM GMT
Edited: 13 Mar 2002 8:55PM GMT
Roger, You have a living Uncle Buster Jack..I'm his son Alan. I can't add much to the hunt for our relatives. Just that when my mom was at the closing of grandma's house in Tulsa. She came across a note written like this:
Scrimpshire
Daughter - Alice
Lillie - John and Will
G
I have know idea what it is, I don't have the orginal note. But would guess that it's the names of brothers and sisters. Only what is the G for.. is it another name.. Alan

Posted: 7 Mar 2003 6:20PM GMT
Surnames: Comstock
From the 1880 Texas census it appears that Lillie's parents were Harris Scrimshire and Virginia Scrimshire. Lillie's siblings were John, Willie, and Alice. I still don't know what the "G" on the note could stand for.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic