Search for content in message boards

ancestors of Martin Warren

ancestors of Martin Warren

Gretna Wagener (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Warren, Wilkins
Martin Warren and Polly Wilkins were married July 16, 1840 in Fairfax, Franklin, Vt., they then moved to Mazomanie, Dane, Wisconsin. Looking for info on their parents.

MARTIN WARREN

Posted: 23 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2001 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: WARREN, WILKINS
Martin Warren's parents were Theophilus Warren and Sally ?. Theophilus was born about 1777 location unknown. His father was either Jobish Warren or Ichabod Warren (sources differ). Theo died 11-Oct-1819 in Fletcher, Franklin Co., VT. Several other family members also died during that same time. Wife, Sally (Nov 29), son Russell (Oct 8), son John F.(Oct 9). Must have been an epidemic of some kind. Two children survived: Sally (about 6 at the time) and Martin (age 4). They were both raised by their father's sister, Lydia, and her husband, Wheeler Marsh (source: Franklin Co. death records and Franklin Co. probate records). Other children who died early were Polly, John A. and Lucy. I'm descended from Martin and Polly (Wilkins) Warren's daughter, Helen who married Sam Emery.

Regarding Polly Wilkins Warren - I have not proven it yet but I believe her parents may have been Asa Wilkins and Meriam Cooley. Asa and Meriam's daughter, Meriam (aka Marian) was the mother of Susan Taylor who married Daniel Emery. Their son, Samuel Daniel Emery married Polly and Martin's daughter, Helen. The families are found in many of the same locations in Vermont and Wisconsin and cousins often married. I think that after Susan's husband (Daniel) died she and her children, along with her mother (Marian), came west to be near her mother's sister (Polly).

Have more info if you're interested.

Peggy Maier
Middleton, Wisconsin

Martin Warren

Posted: 15 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2002 11:49PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Warren, Wilkins, Emery
I am a descendant of Samuel Daniel Emery, born Fairfax, Franklin, VT. and Helen Warren. Son Frank Aben Emery is my grandfather. Thanks for information. I also believe Polly Wilkins Warren to be daughter of Asa Wilkins and Meriam Cooly but do not have any record of it. I have some info on Theophilus Warren but could not connect Martin to him. Will be happy to give you info on my line.

Gretna Wagener
Ellenton, Florida
Sturgeon Bay, Wi

Re: ancestors of Martin Warren

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 3:00AM GMT
I also descend from this line, through Samuel Emery and Helen Warren's son George. I know this thread is a decade old - has anyone made progress on this line?

Just yesterday I found this book that confirms Miriam Wilkins is the child of Asa Wilkins and Miriam Cooley: "Portrait and Biographical Record of Waukesha County, Wisconsin: Containing Biographical Sketches of Old Settlers and Representative Citizens of the County, Together with Biographies and Portraits of All the Presidents of the United States and the Governors of the State (Google eBook)." See Page 622.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions