Search for content in message boards

Gertrude Parker Grimsby b1881

Gertrude Parker Grimsby b1881

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 12:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been researching my family tree for some years but have come to a dead end with my great grandmother Gertrude Parker who was born in Grimsby in 1881, she had my Grandmother Kathleen Parker (outside of marriage) in August 1907. she never said who my grandmothers father was? She then married a man called Joseph John Henry Furze in December 1907 and then had a child called Gabriel Furze who was born in 1909 in Grimsby. They are listed as living in Grimsby at the time of the 1911 Census, but I believe shortly after this Gertrude ran off with another man, leaving her two children behind. The next time they saw of there mother was in about 1917 when they arranged to meet up a train station in London. After this they never saw the mother again. And I can not find any conclusive death records on Gertrude. Any help advice or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Re: Gertrude Parker Grimsby b1881

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 9:32PM GMT
A Gertrude A. Furze, born in 1881, died in the September quarter 1957 in Norwich. Ref: 4b 527. Getting the death certificate would give the informant, place of death etc. and might lead to some contact which would help with the mystery.

Re: Gertrude Parker Grimsby b1881

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 9:20PM GMT
Many thanks for your suggestion, I obtained this very certificate last week, and sadly the information on it does not tie in with the rest of the information I have ie different husbands name.I sometimes wonder if she reverted back to her maiden name of Parker? My Grandmother nearly tracked her down at the beginning of 1941 somewhere in London, but she had sadly she had moved on a few days earlier!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions