Posted: 6 Apr 2012 1:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hopkins Wedlock
This post was deleted by the author on 10 Oct 2012 11:08PM GMT

Re: Mary HOPKINS Wedlock, Scranton, PA < family from Co Mayo, Ireland

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 5:45PM GMT
Hi,
My Irish Hopkins roots are in Mayo. I'm doubly blessed with the Hopkins name. My grandparents were Hopkins cousins. Yes, it is frustrating with the given names of John and Mary. Do you know where in Mayo your grandmother traveled? Are there any photos from Ireland; letters?

There's a large group of Irish Hopkinses around the Castlebar area. That's where my Hopkins line is from and my Hopkins cousins live.

What does the US census say about your great grandfather's birth? Is this where the confusion comes in with various birthplaces?

What about Mary's brother, Francis? Have you checked out his Social Security info? His baptismal certificate? Does Francis have any sons?
My mother was born in Pittsburgh in 1908 and I was looking at the info on the baptismal certificates of her older cousins and couldn't believe the info on them. One actually gave County Down as the birthplace of the parents (which of course doesn't help you).

The names you list are not familiar to me but contact me off list to see if I can help you better.

Nora Hopkins FitzGerald
Irishcolleen45@aol.com

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 2:27AM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 10 Oct 2012 11:08PM GMT

Posted: 25 Apr 2012 5:42PM GMT
Surnames: HOPKINS
Hi Kelly,

What does the 1920 census say for when they came to this country?

Have you checked the passenger lists from either Ellis Island or Castle Gardens in NY or Philly?

Do you have their marriage record? If they were married in Ireland, you can find out where they lived in Ireland.

How did you find out John James Hopkins' parents' names? If you know his parents' names, you should be able to find out where in Ireland he is from through the civil birth records. What were the ages listed on the various census for John James Hopkins?

Please contact me off list:

irishcolleen45@aol.com

Thanks.
Nora Hopkins FitzGerald

Posted: 28 Apr 2012 3:46PM GMT
Surnames: Hopkins
I am also looking for my family of Hopkins in Scranton, PA. My father is Robert Regan his mother is Honora D Regan Hopkins and her father is Thomas J Hopkins Jr. born 1887, but there are so many Thomas Hopkins in PA that it is mind blowing. Honora had two siblings Thomas Hopkins and Eleanor Hopkins all deceased.

I have no idea if Thomas had any brothers or sisters or who their parents where and don't know where to look.

Posted: 29 May 2012 8:41PM GMT
Hi,was your Celia O'Boyle the widow of Michael O'Boyle? Our Celia O'Boyle was born in Pa. Celia and Michael P O'Boyle lived in Scranton, Pa and by 1910 were living in Buffalo New York.

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 9:41PM GMT
Kelly, We are cousins and I know about the Hopkins history. I met your grandmother in 1998. Feel free to call me if you would like to learn more. Mike Johannesen 847 797 9431
per page

Find a board about a specific topic