Search for content in message boards

Information Please

Information Please

Posted: 20 Mar 2012 2:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Mar 2012 4:19AM GMT
Looking for my great aunt. Her name was Rosa Russell. She married a Rawlings/Rawlins. there so many ways to spell it so I'm hoping someone knows who I am looking for. She and husband moved to Jena I'd say 1920 there abouts. He had some sort of business there on 84 hwy. They had several ponds are lakes on their property. Any help! would be great. Thank you

Re: Information Please

Posted: 21 Mar 2012 1:08PM GMT
Surnames: Russell, Rawlings, Rawlins
Hi,

Have you searched the 1920 and 1930 census for them? That would be my first thing to do.

The second to try to get a copy of the book "LaSalle Parish History, Families Past and Present". The LaSalle Parish Library did have some copies for sale. If no more are available, they do have a copy there, you may ask your local library to get a copy if they don't have one already. I looked through my copy for Rosa Russell and Rosa Rawlins but did not find her. The surnames are mentioned and may give you clues as to where to go from there. It is a great book for back ground and understanding how our families lived in the early days of Louisiana into the mid 1900's. If I had a scanner I'd make copies of the pages that mention your names, but I don't have one right now.

I'm sure the Library there will be happy to help you. I've visted the court house and library and found them all to be very helpful.

I hope this helps at least a tiny bit.

Posted: 22 Mar 2012 1:18AM GMT
Thanks a lot. I will try those tips. Thanks again. Ron

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 7:52PM GMT
I looked in the LaSalle Parrish History book and did not find the name of Rosa Russell, their are alot of Russell's in the Parrish. Maybe Rosa was not her given name? Also, the Rawlins name is only mentioned 3 times and none put the two names together. Sorry, if you can give me another name, I will check again. A Clyde Russell was a past Mayor of Jena.

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 12:55AM GMT
Thanks for trying. Rosa could have been a nickname. I'll have to look into that. As for as Rawlings that maybe spelled wrong. Thanks again Ron
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions