Search for content in message boards

Missing Simms from Clifton Forge

Missing Simms from Clifton Forge

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 2:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Simms Simmons Jackson
I have a relative born in 1933 who is in Clifton Forge in the 1940 census with his family who appears to drop off of the charts afterward. Family lore has a member of this family dying in a bicycle accident as a child. The remaining members that I know of are accounted for, so I assume Frank D. Simms may have been the one killed.

If anyone has any information on that, or may have lived in the area at the time, I would appreciate it. We, as a family, have a lot of questions that this Frank might be able to address if he might still be alive.

Again, the info I have is Name: Frank D. Simms, (Listed as Simmons by Census digitizers), son of George Earl Simms (again, simmons if one searches) and Ruby Ada (Jackson) Simms (Simons)

Re: Missing Simms from Clifton Forge

Posted: 13 May 2013 9:33PM GMT
We were told my my father (now deceased), George Ernest Simms, that his youngest brother, Frank, was struck by a car while riding his bicycle and he passed at that time. We never met any of my father's family so this is just information that he verbally passed on to us.

Re: Missing Simms from Clifton Forge

Posted: 14 May 2013 2:22PM GMT
I sent you a message on here. You would by my Mother-in-law's first cousin. We heard the same story you did then about Frank. Ralph Edward (Ed) Simms is my wife's grandpa. He told his family he was raised in an orphanage, though I have found him and your father and their family living together in 1940. I'm curious if your Father ended up in the same place, or said anything about what happened to their parents and/or family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions