Search for content in message boards

Williams and Vroman family

Williams and Vroman family

Posted: 3 Nov 2006 1:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williams, Vroman, Stowe
I have just begun my search on this family, some of the basics are:

Husband: Morgan Williams, born 1846, died 1941, came to the area by the 1900 census, buried Methow Cemetery.

Wife: Cornelia A. Williams, born 1854, died 1931, buried Methow Cemetery. She was born in Iowa, maiden name: Stowe.

Children from census reports: Lilah (Lila), Joseph, Ira, Emery, Ada, Lloyd and Clarence.

I have not found Lila Williams since the 1880 census report. Ditto for Joseph Williams and Ira Williams.

Emery Earl Williams, born 1882, died 1918, registered for WWI draft, and buried Methow Cemetery.

Ada V. Williams married Bert Vroman, 1910, she was born 1887, died 1972, buried Methow Cemetery.

Bert Vroman, born 1884, died 1969, also buried Methow Cemetery.

Children from census reports of Ada and Bert: Daniel, Glenn, Irene. Daniel Vroman died 1926, buried Methow Cemetery. Glenn Vroman died 1978, also buried Methow Cemetery. Lost Irene Vroman after the 1930 census reports.

Lloyd Homer Williams, born 1890, died 1972, buried Methow Cemetery. Wife per census was Bertha (maiden name unknown).

Children, from census reports of Lloyd Williams and Bertha were Bessie, Mildred and Lloyd E. Lloyd E. Williams died 1982, have not discovered burial place. Nothing more known about his sisters.

Clarence Williams, born 1892 in Minnesota. No further record of him has been discovered, yet.

As of the 1910 census Cornelia Stowe Williams claims 7 children, all of whom survived to that date.

Interested in finding descendants of these people and of course, filling in more of the family tree. I have history of Cornelia back through her parents and grandparents (maternal).

Re: Williams and Vroman family

Posted: 5 Jan 2007 6:31PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Shaw, Bolinger, Dick
Morgan Williams was a fairly affluent man when he arrived in Okanogan Co, in the town of Methow. He revieved a larger-
than-normal homestead claim (176 acres) for his land on December 17th, 1906 by traveling to Waterville, Wa (which is now 65 miles away over smooth pavement!).Five and a half years later, on 6/1/1911, he traveled back to Waterville to buy 18.6 more acres nearby. Morgan's son, Emory E Williams bought 161.25 acres near his father on February 20, 1911. They were neighbors with Abel Shaw, Commissioner Walter Bolinger (who built the large stone house in the middle of town) and George Dick, all well known men of the period.

Re: Williams and Vroman family

Posted: 6 Jan 2007 8:23AM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Gorr
Hello,

I do have one Valerie Williams in my family tree. She married George William Gorr (* April 15, 1960). They had two children, Hope and Tessla.

I do not have more data about them. But as their families still live around Omak, they could possibly be related.

Michael
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions