Search for content in message boards

Lanhams in WV

Lanhams in WV

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 3:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jul 2003 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: Lanham
My grandmother was a Lanham (Maggie Evelyn Lanham Stewart b. 12 Apr 1906). Her father was Silas Walker Lanham b. 26 Nov 1882 in Kentuck, Jackson County, WV. I have found his father to be Joseph Lanham b. June 1854. This is as far back as I have been able to go with this line. If anyone has any additional information to places to try to locate data please email me at clemtheangel@aol.com.

Thanks

Re: Lanhams in WV

Darrell Lanham (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2003 5:58AM GMT
Surnames: Lanham
Sarah,
Not sure this will help you but my gg grandfather was Joseph R Lanham b.1803 and was Married to Martha Bailey. Could your Joseph have been one of his children? His son William
Henry b.1834 was my g grandfather.
darrelllanham@yahoo.com

Posted: 27 Mar 2006 12:24AM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2006 11:47PM GMT
3-26-06
have a bible and papers dating from 1890's name walker. Looking for thomas g. lanham from kanawha wv. married gladys p. harper 1916 in kanawha. her mother could have been a walker? appreciate any help maybe trade names
thanks
touchtrouble

Posted: 5 Jul 2006 1:33AM GMT
hello, my name is linda my great grandparents were abraham.m. lanhamjr. and marye. milam. as far as i can ascertain there were lots of lanhams born jackson co., wv if not born there then alot of them at lest lived there. also try nelson co., va. i believe your josesph son of benedict lanham and mary abbot. brothers were benjamin, william, and john sisters were; sallie and patsey. john married leddy smith, william married mary/martha bailey.i believe at least most of the childern were born in nelson co.,va and maybe later migrated to jackson co., wv and possobly putnam co., wv i hope this helps you you can e-mail me at kayfaye502verizon i will give what i have good luck with your search. linda smith
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions