Among the Parry family in Liverpool I have

Egerton Parry

Stanley Lorne Parry

Are they of interest to anyone

Re: Parry Family of Hawarden and Liverpool

Posted: 17 Jun 2008 7:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: parry
Hello Joan, I hope you don't mind me asking you if you have come across my husbands fam Parry from Hawarden. I have tried to buy his grandmother, Elizabeth's birth cert first one was wrong as my husband always thought they were from Liverpool,the second one which I really thought was her was wrong again. Her father Daniel born 1836 marr Ellen, Daniel was a miner also.Elizabeth and Annie, her sister worked at Hawarden Hall for Gladstone on the 1901 census, thats when I found out they were born in Hawarden. Some of the family did go to Liverpool to live and work. There was William Thomas, Mary Jane ,Edward,Maria,Albert,Elizabeth born 1876-7,& Annie 1880, both sisters married two men from Blaenau Ffestiniog. I did read that you had transcrips for Hawarden hence my writing to you. I thank you for reading my letter any information will be much appreciated. Regards Ann

Posted: 17 Jun 2008 10:43AM GMT
Hello - Thanks for your message -
I have checked the census returns for 1871 and 1881 in
Hawarden, ande have found the family.
In 1881 Elizabeth is there aged 6 ys.
On the Wales BMD there are two of interest.
1 - 1875 Registration district is MOLD
1 - 1876 MOLD
One of these must be correct.
I will find the reference for you.
The transcripts I have for Hawarden are only for the 18thc
1727-1754 As my Peter Parry was born c.1767, and I cannot trace his birth/baptism.
Let me know if I can help further. I presume you are not in
UK
Joan

Posted: 18 Jun 2008 1:32AM GMT
Hello Joan thank you for your quick response to my message, and I live in Australia,this is why it's difficult to get info. I have been told Hawarden comes under Chester? I have seen so many Elizabeths under Holywell, now Mold. I think the 1876 might be the one do you have any idea how I could find out that the father is Daniel? then I will get the birth cert as I don't want to waste more money and not get it.It's not a common name I have only seen two in Hawarden,also I have been trying to find if there are any photos of staff at Gladstone Hall at around 1901 but not any up to now. if you will send the reference for me, much obliged, thank you once again Regards Ann

Posted: 22 Jun 2008 4:55PM GMT
Hello Ann - There is no way you can find if her father was Daniel. I would suggest that, you write to the County Registra, rather than going to the General one. All the county registras on online. You need to find - Wales, and then Flintshire ( county) Write to them, requesting the birth certificate for Elizabeth Parry a daughter of Daniel Parry of Hawarden. You will not need the reference just the Year - and quarter and registration district i.e.
Mold or Hawarden.
If the cert you have requested does not have the fathers name as Daniel, they will send your payment back. If there aree two Elizabeth Parrys, suggest they find the one with Daniel Parry the father.
Hope this works out.
Joan, Liverpool

Posted: 23 Jun 2008 12:01AM GMT
Hello Joan thank for your reply will try that,as I do want to get the birth cert for my husband. Bye Ann
per page

Find a board about a specific topic