Search for content in message boards

location of town

location of town

E Robertson (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HOOS, BECKER, GEIS
Elisabeth Hoos, nee Geis b. 21 Jan 1820 in Medard near Weisenheim, County of Hasen Hamberg. Wife of Christian Hoos. Came to America in 1852. D. 13 Apr. 1891 B 16 Apr. 1891 at the Massillon cemetery.
Parents Johannes Geis and Charoltte Becker came to America in 1851.
No Hoos information
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2001 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: Hoos, Harken, Swineheart, Lenebach
John Joseph Hoos, b Abt 1829, Mensburg, Germany,d 4 Apr, 1906 in Muskegon, Michigan. He was married to Elizabeth Lenebach, daughter of Hendrikas Lenebach and Marie E.

Also Henry Hoos, b Abt 1833, married to Elizabeth, was in Menomonee, Waukesha Co, Wisconsin in 1860. Henry might have been a brother to John Joseph.
Seeking any information about this family, and willing to share any that I have.

Ruth Whittaker
Posted: 29 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2003 7:58PM GMT
Surnames: HARKEN
Where in Ireland are the HARKENS from? I'm looking for James HANNAN and his wife, Mary HARKEN. Also Patrick HALEY and his wife Mary BOWEN. I want to know where their children, our great grandparents, Patrick HALEY and his wife, Mary Ellen HANNAN, were born.

Re: Hoos

Posted: 10 Sep 2003 2:21AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2006 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: HOOS in Mengsberg, Hessen-Kassel
I just sent this message to the author of the HOOS family message posted back in 2001..... and it was returned -- maybe someone knows the author Ruth Whitaker --

To: ruthkayw@home.com

Hi Ruth
hope you have the same e-mail address since 2001 when you posted a query on ANCESTRY.COM about the HOOS surname from "Mensberg" German -- I have some HOOS surnames from Mengsberg -- he was in Milwaukee in the 1880 WI fed census.

Just wondered how you are connected to the family and wanted to "chat" about them

Margie in FL

Re: Hoos in Milwaukee's German Newspapers Index

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 1:55PM GMT
Surnames: Hoos
"... I have some HOOS surnames from Mengsberg -- he was in Milwaukee in the 1880 WI fed census ..."

Just two Hoos entries in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). These are for Heinrich (52 yr; Elisabeth) and an August (1865).

Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers collect evidence of our historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic