Search for content in message boards

Reeves in Jasper Co. GA

Reeves in Jasper Co. GA

Lissa Johnston (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: REEVES, STURGIS, MANN, WEATHERS
Wyatt REEVES m. Martha Elizabeth STURGIS, moved to Fayette Co. GA after he won land in the state lottery ca 1825.They were originally from York Co. SC and then to Jasper Co. GA before landing in Fayette Co. Their children were Martha C.(1810); Josiah F. (1813); James Washington(1817); John Wiley(1819); William Allen (1821); Rebecca M (1821); and Malinda E. (1825). Martha STURGIS remarried Jesse WEATHERS after Wyatt's death in 1826. My ancestor is James Washington REEVES who married Ann Josephine MANN in Fayette Co. GA 8 Apr 1840. Seeking any and all information on this REEVES family.

Reeves In Jasper Co., GA

Emily Woodall (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reeves
Can your Reeves be kin of James Reeves who lived in Jasper Co., GA until sometime in the 1820's when he moved to Pike Co., GA? Thanks.

Lurana Reeves CROSSON

Karyn Crosson Burke (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CROSSON, REEVES, THIGPEN
I'm wondering if your Wyatt REEVES who relocated from Jasper Co to Fayette Co., GA could be connected to Joshua Smith and Jemina Thigpen Reeves. I am told they are the parents of Lurana REEVES m. James CROSSON on 14 Mar 1824 in Fayette Co., GA.. Joshua Smith REEVES is said to have been born in York Co., SC, and was in Jasper Co., GA where several of his children were allegedly born, but this information has been passed along to me by others. The marriage of Lurana Reeves to James Crosson is documented, but since I only recently learned the names of Joshua Smith and Jemina Thigpen Reeves as possibly the parents of Lurana, I haven't personally checked any sources to make sure that information is reliable.

Are any of the above names familiar to you?

thigpen

michelle (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: rebecca thigpen
i am looking for information on rebecca thigpen she was born on june 26,1883 died december 14,1953.she is buried in coffee county ga.

Re: thigpen

Posted: 29 Mar 2005 4:14PM GMT
Hey was rebecca married to alonzo Nellums
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions