Search for content in message boards

Audley history-my genealogy

Audley history-my genealogy

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 9:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Audley--Bourgois
I must say I'm so sorry I don't speak french. My Grandmother is of french descent, she was a Bourgois.
However, I'm searching right now the Audley family history. I
have seen where it is recorded the Audley's were strong in this area. Is that true?
Would appreciate hearing back from some one willing to help me. Thanking you in advance for your reply.

Regards,
Maxine in USA kansaslassie@gmail.com

Re: Audley history-my genealogy

Posted: 6 May 2012 4:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Salut,

Audley is not a French name, but I checked a few databases for you anyway.

According to Geopatronyme.com, there was one one birth for someone with the name Audley within the last 100 years in all of France - just one! (This is a mostly reliable database that holds birth data extracted from official French government records.) Here is a link:

http://www.geopatronyme.com/cgi-bin/carte/nomcarte.cgi?nom=A...

I also checked GeneaNet.org, which is the largest French genealogical database of user contribute data, with almost 500,000 family trees and hundreds of millions of user contributed records, somewhat like Ancestry.com's Member Contributed Trees. There were a couple of Audleys in the Vendee region far, far back, in the 1300s, but no others. All other dozens of other Audleys in the database are from the UK.

There are some possibilities how a name like Audley might be spelled in French, but it would just be my best guess.

Perhaps you have a French ancestor who married someone with the name Audley from England? You will need to do further research.

Bonne quête !
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions