Search for content in message boards

U.S., Military Registers, Army (Part 1) - Common Errors

U.S., Military Registers, Army (Part 1) - Common Errors

Posted: 3 Aug 2013 9:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
An FYI for keyers of this project:

After having reviewed nearly 2500 records from this project, the most common error I'm finding is a failure of the keyer to use the most recent date from a list of multiple Military Dates. This is especially true on the images that have a Date of Rank included with the person's name. In many cases, the DOR is not the most recent date, but is the date most frequently keyed. The individual may have been transferred, reassigned, or discharged, creating multiple dates more recent than the DOR.

From the project instructions... "Military dates include, but are not limited to, enlistment dates, service dates, dates of rank, and retirement dates. When multiple dates appear for an individual key from the latest date."

Re: U.S., Military Registers, Army (Part 1) - Common Errors

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 7:33AM GMT
Classification: Military
Can you please clear up some of my confusion by telling me what the military date would be on the attached record? Thank you.
Attachments:

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 9:32AM GMT
13 Oct 18

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 5:48PM GMT
agreed... 13 Oct 18

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 6:23PM GMT
Is there any way to go back and correct the data I entered on an image set after I have submitted it?

Posted: 29 Aug 2013 12:23PM GMT
No, once you have submitted a set, you can't retrieve it. A reviewer will be able to correct errors.

Posted: 30 Aug 2013 2:07AM GMT
Is the attached a "Cover Page, Section Header, ect." or should the names be keyed into a "Military Register"?
Attachments:

Posted: 30 Aug 2013 2:30AM GMT
Those are names that should be keyed. Also - if there is no date next to a name, but there is a date at the top of the page, key that date as the Military Date.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions