Search for content in message boards

Seeing Relatives on Mother's side/Daughter: Myra McDonald

Seeing Relatives on Mother's side/Daughter: Myra McDonald

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 6:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2009 12:02PM GMT
Surnames: Edwards, Kidd, Doucette, McDonald
I was wondering if anyone could help me. Mother's name before she was married was Joyce Edwards. She was raised in Chapleau, Ontario Canada. If you are a distant relative of the one's who lived in Powissan Ontario if spelled corretly, could you let me know? There was an aunt of my mother's who had a Post Office there at one time, and a Turkey Farm as well. I don't know what there names were. It could have been Edwards. Her grandmother was Susan Kidd who married an Edwards eventually. I never knew her so that won't help. But I just want to know if any relatives are living! There was a farm and a Post Office there I think. The aunt's name was Liza Ellen Edwards. So let me know. My Mother was married to a Leo Doucette, and I know that his family is not around anymore unless ancestors are! Cool I would like to hear from you to! My mom came out west in the fourties and married Mr. Leo Doucette, however as I understand it his life was taken in a plane crash as he was a pilot for CPA and the crash occurred near 1949 to 1950 I think, and then later she came to the U.S. and met my father John McDonald. Anyway he died in 1992 also. So now she is single and I am the daughter with her at this point. So let me know thanks.

Re: Seeing Relatives on Mother's side/Daughter: Myra McDonald

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 10:15PM GMT
What year was your mother born?
What year was your grandmother born or died?
Where did she die and when?

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 2:04AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2009 12:03PM GMT
Surnames: Kidd, Edwards
My mother was born in 1921 I believe. Her grandmother Susan Kidd (Edwards) passed away in 1943 just after the family found out about the missing report of her brother Robert Edwards. I hope it helps.

Posted: 23 Jun 2009 5:49AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2009 12:04PM GMT
Surnames: Kidd, Edwards, Carnegie
You never mentioned a brother before. You have to be more specific. Your query is very confusing.

Go to this site:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~murrayp/pa...

Eliza Ellen Kidd's headstone is there with her husband Wellington Edwards and son Wesley Edwards.

Marriage:
Wellington Edwards, 25, b Ontario, living Alice Tp, s/o Thos and Eliz Edwards, married Elizabeth Ellen Kidd, 16, born and living Alice Tp, d/o Thos Kidd & Mary Ann Kidd, witn: George Kidd & Mary Carnegie both of Alice Tp, 18 Dec 1889, Alice Tp, Renfrew County, Registration # 010828.

No mention of a Susan Kidd.

1901 and 1911 census on www.automatedgenealogy.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions