Ancestry

Search for content in message boards

Magnolia graduates 1896

Magnolia graduates 1896

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 4:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
The school picnic of the 13th proved a great success; there was a short program of singing and speaking by the scholars, and the Porter band was present and played a number of selections. Three of the scholars, Frances Hess, Bertha Nevill and Herman Dillree received diplomas. There were about 100 people present and all report a good time.

June 23, 1896, The Tribune, p. 1, col. 7 "North Magnolia", Evansville, Wisconsin

Re: Magnolia graduates 1896

Posted: 26 May 2006 7:35PM GMT
Are you looking for additional information on Dillrees? I have data back to early 1800.

Harry

Posted: 26 May 2006 8:05PM GMT
I research Evansville, Wisconsin history and am not related

Dillree

Cecilia Barton-Murrah (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2006 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Wells / Greatsinger
I have reason to believe that my GGGrandfather - James Wells married Emma Dillree between 1860-1870 prob. in Rock Co., MI.

From what I've gathered, Clarisa Emma was married to a Charles Dillree and had several children before marrying my James.

Lewis j. and Katy Dillree were living w/ James and Emma in 1870 - per that years census. Lewi J. dillree was a witness to James' Will, which was written in 1873.

If you have any info on Emma, and/ or James Wells would appreciate your help.

Cec

Posted: 24 Feb 2011 12:30AM GMT
I would love to compare information with you on the Dillree's. You can contact me at julzzy66@yahoo.com

Re: Dillree

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: Dilree
I also am researching the Wells family in Magnolia, Rock Co, Wisconsin....There are two Wells family lines living there at the same time.

James Wells was married to Catherine Silvernail -daughter of Nicholas O and Elizabeth Cole Sivernail. I can't determine when she died. James and Catherine had a daughter Rachel Ann who married Joseph Wyram REED and died young in Rock County wisconsin

James Married #2 Emma Claracy REED, widow of Charles DILLREE who previously had lived in Lockport, Niagara, New York and moved to Macomb county, Michigan. at the death of charles in 1862, Claracy/Emma moved to Magnolia, Rock County, Wisconsin with her two youngest children: Lewis Judson DILLREE b. Dec 1852, married Kittie Emily HESS and d. 30 May 1933 in Magnolia, Rock County Wisconsin

and perhaps
Caroline DILLREE born Abt. 1855 probably Michigan

I don't know how much that helps, but if you find where James/Catherine Silvernail/Claracy Emma reed are buried or when the two wives died, I'd be thrilled to hear from you.

Re: Dillree

Posted: 22 Aug 2016 1:47AM GMT
Surnames: Dillree, Wells
Hello,

I have been away from Genealogy for a number of years. Many of my posted are under the name Cec Barton-Murrah. How are you connected to the Wells line? James was my GGG-Grandfather. He died on 7 Mar 1873 in Magnolia.

His will was not probated until Mar 1893, it was witnessed by Lewis Dillree, Simeon Reed was the executor.

Per James' written will, his farm and other possessions were to be remain in his wife Emma's possession until her death, at which point the remaining assets were to be sold and divided amongst his remaining heirs. Hence, my belief that Emma died in early 1893.

I can't give specific death dates for the others yet -- but I can perhaps help narrow the time line to search.

Catherine died between 1860-1870.
James & Emma were married bet. 1863-1870.

Wish I could do better!

BTW... Charles Dillree died in Macomb Co., MI on 24 Dec 1862.

IT would be great to exchange info!

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic