Search for content in message boards

Gronau, Germany

Gronau, Germany

Posted: 10 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Oct 2001 12:12AM GMT
Surnames: Roeder, Meil
Searching information on Jacob Adam Roeder who married Margareita Hast and Conrad Meil who married Elizabeth Schaeffer. All were born in Germany and parents of immigrants to the US in the late 1800s
Posted: 15 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2001 12:12AM GMT
Surnames: Peter Roeder
We seek information on family of Peter Roeder born Neuengronau, Hessen in 1865..He married Louise Amelia Meil in Baltimore. Md./ She was born in Berlin, we believe, the daughter of Conrad Meil

Margratha Rohweder (Ro'eder)

Posted: 15 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2002 4:22PM GMT
Surnames: BLUNCK, ROHWEDER, JENSEN
Ernest Carl ROHWEDER was born Feb, 15, 1864 in Gluckstadd, Germany. He married Katie Laura JANSEN in Dixon,CA in 1868. Their first born daughter was Nettie Margratha ROHWEDER born Feb 1, 1893 in Spokane County, WA. I've noticed that family names are passed along. Do you connect with this family?

Re: Roeder

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2001 4:42PM GMT
I cannot believe it to be a coincidence that the names of Roeder, Jenkins and Conrad on one message would not be related to me. I have a great Uncle Connie who was the brother of my grandmother, Maria Jenkins, nee Roeder. If I am correct, you could be Benjamin's son or grandson. I am the daughter of Bea Buckmaster, nee Jenkins. Please contact me.

Elizabeth Culhane (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2002 1:47AM GMT
I noted that your Conrad Roeder was in the Baltimore, Md. My ancester was Hartmann Roeder who married a Barbara Deichelbohrer at St. Alphonsus Church in 1848 . They were married in the presence of Conrad Roeder and Margaret Dieter.

Any connection?
Thanks,
Elizabeth

Marjorie Jenkins (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2002 2:11AM GMT
Surnames: Roeder
We may have relatives in Germany but our grandfather was Peter Conrad Roeder who came to this country in 1885 with his brother John. Their father was Johann Adam Roeder born in Neuengronau, Germany in 1841 and married Anna Marguerita Hast. Johann's father was Peter Roeder who we believe married Anna Zeber. We're still searching for more information. If we can tie our families together will be glad to share the information of children of Johann and Marguerita and Peter Conrad and Louise Meil. They all remained in the Baltimore area in this country.
Thanks for the reply.

Posted: 15 Jan 2002 10:57AM GMT
I'm wondering if they may be cousins. From the Baltimore City Directories that I have copied, and they are scattered years, there are not many Roder/Roeders in Baltimore. I'm guessing mine stayed in Baltimore, as well. Hartmann's daughter, Josephine Roeder married a fellow who was studying for the priesthood in Baltimore. He taught in the area (Bryantown, MD), and they then moved to Upper Marlboro, MD. I don't believe that her folks moved though.

Do you know where your Roeders are buried in Baltimore? That might help us connect, too.

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Elizabeth

Marjorie Jenkins (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2002 7:55PM GMT
Peter Conrad Roeder and his wife Louise Meil Roeder are buried in Camp Chapel Methodist cemetery, Fullerton, Md., Baltimore County. They lived in Catonsville when they were first married. They were members of the Lutheran Church.
I believe all his siblings who came to this country are buried in different cemeteries in the Baltimore area. His children with the exception of a son George, who lived in California, are also buried in Baltimore cemeteries. They attended many different churches.Peter did have a sister Elizabeth but to my knowledge she did not come to this country .
Hope this will help.

Posted: 15 Jan 2002 10:03PM GMT
Thanks for the information. Perhaps if I submit the address of Hartmann Roeder's residence, someone might be able to tell me a nearby cemetery for German emigrants. Their daughter, Josephine Roeder, was married in Baltimore.
Thanks,
Elizabeth

Christina Bittner (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2002 3:05AM GMT
Concerning Elizabeth Roeder. While renovating my house in
Baltimore, I found a calling card for Elizabeth Roeder. It was with tattered sheets of the Baltimore American newspaper dated 1896. There were also pieces of a receipt or order
form for a Roeder's Upholstery on Howard St. in Baltimore from the 1800's.

Would anyone have any info on Elizabeth (i.e. birth date, children, work, etc)?

Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions