Search for content in message boards

David Nicholls - Australia

David Nicholls - Australia

Posted: 7 Oct 2009 8:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nicholls Venske
I am looking for information on my Great Grandfather, David Nicholls. He married Emma Bertha Venske (b. 1893), and also a lady named Irene.
I believe Emma and David had about 5 children (one of them my Grandmother, Lorna) and Irene and David had 3 girls.
I believe David may have worked mustering in Queensland, Australia while married to Emma.
I believe David was also a butcher? but this is a memory of a discussion with my grandmother and may be incorrect.

Re: David Nicholls - Australia

Posted: 7 Oct 2009 1:53PM GMT
I have since been given a copy of information regarding David Nicholls of Kingaroy and his family. I am in the process of entering this information onto my tree, but would appreciate any further assistance from anyone regarding David and his wife Emma Venske, and their ancestors. David's parents came to Australia from England before he was born in 1882. I also discovered that David's first wife was Martha Andrews not Irene (his daughter). Martha died of typhoid in her twenties.

Posted: 27 Nov 2011 9:17AM GMT
My husband is the grandson of David and Martha Nicholls. I have a lot of information on this family that I would be happy to share with you. My email is jwason7@bigpond.com
We live in Victoria.

Posted: 2 Feb 2012 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: NICHOLLS
Hi
My connection to the NICHOLLS is through the FRANCIS line. Two of my ggrandfather's brothers married NICHOLLS sisters. I have been told this photo is of David and Martha's daughters, Irene Dorothea Joyce b 1909; Doris Lucy Elsie b 1911 and Ellen Fleurine b 1913. The photo was taken just before Martha died.

I also have a photo of Walter NICHOLLs in uniform and some of Elzabeth & Mary Rosena and their families if you are interested.
Regards
Judy
Attachments:

Posted: 2 Feb 2012 5:44AM GMT
Hello Judy,
Thank you for your reply and kind offer.
I have since found a out a lot more about our Nicholls family but it has been a slow process.
I would love copies of Walter, Elizabeth and Mary Rosena's photos etc.
I have made my tree private in the last year as I couldn't keep up with the messages so I will send you an invite so you can share what I have put together. I may have some photographs etc that you have not already got.
Kind Regards
Toni
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions