Search for content in message boards

Wife of Rev. Samuel Simcock (b. 1805, Staffordshire): Ann Ball Simcock

Wife of Rev. Samuel Simcock (b. 1805, Staffordshire): Ann Ball Simcock

Posted: 30 Aug 2013 10:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Simcock, Simcox, Ball, Barrington
For those researching the Simcock (later spelled Simcox) family line of the Rev. Samuel Simcock who settled with his family at Crystal Lake, Dayton Township, Waupaca County, Wisconsin, I have finally come across the right information on the names of the parents of Ann Ball, wife of the Reverand.

First, I found a christening record and image of the record for Thomas Simcock, b. 1828, son of Samuel and Ann Ball Simcock. The actual record gives the name of Ann Ball's father: Ralph. His occupation was listed as potter. Thomas was christened at Bethesda Chapel, Methodist New Connexion, Albion Street, Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, as was his sister Elizabeth P. Simcock.

The name of Ann Ball's father led me to the christening record for Ann Ball, 12 May 1799, at Hanley Tabernacle (Congregational), Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Both of her parents' names were given: Ralph and Sarah Ball.

I also found a christening record for another child of Ralph and Sarah Ball at Hanley Tabernacle: Isaac Ball, christened 21 May 1797.

I have saved annotated the images of the christening records for Thomas Simcock (b. 1728), Ann Ball (b. 1799) and Isaac Ball (b. 1797) to my Ancestry.com public member tree: Samuel Albert Barrington Family Waupaca Wis. for anyone who wishes to view and save them to their relevant family trees.

Note: for those who have James and Hannah Winfield Ball or a John Ball listed for the parents of Ann Ball Simcock (b. 1799, Hanley, Staffordshire, England), be sure to remove all that information and then add the correct information. :-)

Feel free to message me through Ancestry.com and I will be happy to send you JPEG images of the records as email attachments.

Relatively yours -
Jean E. DeLauche, direct descendant of Samuel Simcock, b. 1805, Staffordshire (note: contrary to family lore, he was born in Staffordshire, probably Longton, and not London)
Missouri

Another Child of Ralph and Sarah Ball, Parents of Ann Ball Simcock

Posted: 31 Aug 2013 4:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ball, Simcock, Simcox, Barrington
I have since found a 3 christening record for a 3rd child of Ralph and Sarah Ball, parents of Ann Ball Simcock, who emigrated from Staffordshire, England with husband Samuel Simcock (a surname which later was spelled Simcox), to Waupaca County, Wisconsin.

The christening record I found was for an Elizabeth ("Elizth" in the record), b. 1 Oct 1795, christened 25 Oct 1795, Hanley Tabernacle (Congregational), Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England.

I have saved the information and an annotated image of the record to my Ancestry.com public member tree: Samuel Albert Barrington Family Waupaca Wis.

For those who do not have a paid Ancestry.com membership, please post a reply message here and I will be happy to send you JPEG images of the records as email attachments.

Jean E. DeLauche, Missouri
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions