Search for content in message boards

Sidney Greenhalgh Turton/Dorothy May Page

Sidney Greenhalgh Turton/Dorothy May Page

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 6:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Turton/Page
Hello

I'm seeking information on the marriage of the above Sidney Turton to a Dorothy May Page.
Sidney was born 7 May 1922 in Toronto acc. to his obit. notice, parents Richard and Agnes.
Sidney and Dorothy appear to have lived in the Toronto area in 1940 and the next siting I have found (if it's still them) is 1958 Coast Capilano, BC and still there in 1972.
Sidney died in 1985 in BC.
It is actually Dorothy I'm seeking information on to either confirm or refute that she belongs to my Page family. If she does she would have been born in May 1914 Toronto making her aprox.99 years old but I do not want to intrude or break any rules regarding living persons.

This has been a very long search for our Dorothy so please if any one can help it would most appreciated.

Re: Sidney Greenhalgh Turton/Dorothy May Page

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 2:28PM GMT
Birth registrations up to 1915 are available through the Ontario Archives on microfilm. Online through Ancestry, they are available up to 1913, with likely the 1914 records becoming available in the not-too-distant future. Also, the 1921 Canadian census is being released in June of this year, so you should be able to find Dorothy there with her parents.

I did find an entry for the death of a Dorothy E. Turton in Ontario, born 1914, died 1989:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=TU...;

Would she have been 8 years older than her husband?

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 12:49AM GMT
Eileen

Thank you for your reply and the information. I have wondered about the possibility that my Dorothy would have been 8 years older ( should this be her) but have learned that anything is possible so I don't disregard it.
I do know for sure that she was born 15 May 1914 Toronto and living there in 1932, her father giving her address as contact on border crossing but that is the last I know of her.
The youngest four children Dorothy was the only one born in Canada her three older siblings Herbert, Stanley and Hilda all being born in England before their parents went to Canada.

Thank you again.

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 4:22AM GMT
Surnames: TURTON
Filmed registrqtion of death can be viewed at the following
http://search-collections.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/Genealogy/Adva...

Sidney Greenhalgh TURTON - lived in Langley BC
Passed away at Royal Columbian Hospital In New Westminster
Informan was spouse Dorothy M. TURLTON - res Langley

Sidney Greenhalgh Turton Age:62 Event:Death
Place New Westminster
Date:1985 5 4 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Reg. Number:1985-09-008584
Microfilm #:B16573 (GSU # 1358013)

Obituaries may helo locate other family members
Cheers, Stella

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 4:22AM GMT
Surnames: TURTON
Filmed registrqtion of death can be viewed at the following
http://search-collections.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/Genealogy/Adva...

Sidney Greenhalgh TURTON - lived in Langley BC
Passed away at Royal Columbian Hospital In New Westminster
Informan was spouse Dorothy M. TURLTON - res Langley

Sidney Greenhalgh Turton Age:62 Event:Death
Place New Westminster
Date:1985 5 4 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Reg. Number:1985-09-008584
Microfilm #:B16573 (GSU # 1358013)

Obituaries may helo locate other family members
Cheers, Stella

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 11:10AM GMT
Hello Stella

Thank you for the extra information. I knew the date of Sidney Turtons death but not the details of place or informant.

Interestingly I have just found the address of a D.M Turton living in Langley in the late 1990s early 2000s so perhaps this is his widow and I will search further in that area in the hope of finding a clue as to whether or not this lady could be our Dorothy.

Regards
Pamela

Posted: 12 May 2014 5:51AM GMT

Posted: 12 May 2014 10:54AM GMT
Surnames: Page, Turton
Thank you Mike

Looking at the obituary and this Dorothy's age she is too young for my relative. So the search continues, probably best if I could find a marriage record for her.

Many thanks again
Pijay

Posted: 12 May 2014 7:05PM GMT
Who were Dorothy's parnets??

Posted: 13 May 2014 2:02PM GMT
My Dorothy's parents were Herbert Henry Page b. 1883 England, died April 1971 Missouri and Emma Charlotte Page (maiden Bramble) b. 1884 England who went to Toronto in 1913 with three older children, Herbert Henry Sidney b. 1906, Stanley Ernest b. 1909 and Hilda Florence b. 1912 all England. Dorothy was born in Toronto May 1914.
Mother Emma died in 1917 Toronto, Father Herbert died 1971 Missouri.

Thanks
Pijay
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions