Search for content in message boards

Noord Brabant to Wisconsin

Noord Brabant to Wisconsin

Posted: 12 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: Ebben, Van den Oudenhoven, Van den Heuvel, Van Handel, Van Hammond, Verhagen, Janssen, Joosten, Ermers, Vander Velden, and others
Looking for info on above families who came from the Noord Brabant area and settled in the Little Chute, Wisconsin area. Thanks for any help.

JILL

Re: Noord Brabant to Wisconsin

Posted: 7 Aug 2001 5:05AM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2003 2:50PM GMT
Surnames: Ebben/Van Den Heuvel
Jill, my great great greatgrandfather Anton Van Den Heuvel married Johanna May Ebben and came from Holland and settled in the Little Chute/Freedom area? Do these names mean anything to you? I have been trying to find anything I can about them . Thanks Monica

Monica Hickinbotham (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2001 11:29PM GMT
Surnames: Van Berkel, Vandervelden
Just happened in here - saw another Monica on board. ;-)

My grandfather, Antone Van Berkel, came from Holland and settled in the Little Chute - then Appleton, area in the early 1900's.

He came with one brother, as far as I know - his name was Carl.

We also have relatives named Van der Velden.

Still don't know what area he came from - perhaps from Noord Brabant too.

Will appreciate any info you have on this - will share anything I find.

Hickinbotham, my paternal grandfather's name was easy and there is a whole website about this family - but just starting on Van Berkel.

Monica

Posted: 10 Jan 2002 4:57AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jan 2002 8:40PM GMT
Please tell me more about your Anton Vandenheuvel. I have been looking for an Anton who came to Little Chute in 1858.

Posted: 10 Jan 2002 6:40PM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2003 2:50PM GMT
WOW! I sure hope this is a hit because I have been searching forever on him. This is all I can tell you about him that we have to date...if our story is correct...we have the Anton Van Den Heuvel family coming to the USA around 1856 coming from the
St. Anthonis, Holland area.( not sure if this spelling is correct and not sure where this is..do you know?)with there neighbors the Smits family from Hill, Holland -settling first in the Hollandtown WI area then Dundas Wi then bought a farm near Freedom/Little Chute area. Anton was married to Johanna May Ebben they were married on 3-11-1846 in Holland there children Arnold born 3 30 1852-Holland, Andrew born 8 22 1856 and daughter Harreit born 1863 in Freedom WI. Anton's son Arnold married Johanna Smits daughter of Johammer Smits and Wilhelmina Van Katwijk.(this is my great great grandfather)They all then moved to Nebraska .
We have a copy of Anton naturlization paper from the State of Wisconsin Brown county dated Feb 1857.(asuming it is the right Anton)
Their lives after that I can record and follow but before coming here we have nothing...if you can help that would be great!! Thank you! Do you live aroung Little Chute? I plan to go there this summer and do some searching on the lines of Van Den Heuvel-Van Doren-Ebben-Smits and Timmerman families.

Posted: 16 Jan 2002 5:18PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2002 3:17AM GMT
Which Vandenheuvel and vanhandel families are you researching in Little Chute?

Posted: 4 Mar 2002 1:47AM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2002 10:19PM GMT
In an answer to your inquiries about the VandenHeuvel family, one of the repliers stated that the VDH family was from Sint Anthonis area and while I have been in that area with LDS films I have seen the name listed there. Also the Ebben family is in a town called Beugen which is in the same area. I have a bit of the Ebben family connected with my Barten ancestry. If you have any questions about it just e-mail me.

Posted: 4 Mar 2002 1:55AM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2002 10:19PM GMT
Was reading your post and want to let you know that Sint Anthonis is in Noord-Brabant and since I have been using the LDS films from there, I can tell you that there are Vanden Heuvels there. Also in my search (2 years) for my relatives, I have found Ebbens in Beugen which is a small town not far from Sint Anthonis. I also have Ebbens in my ancestry showing up in 1750. Sint Anthonis is located not far from the German border. E-mail me if you need more info.

Posted: 6 Mar 2002 11:49PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2002 3:17AM GMT
I am very much interested in Vandenheuvel from UDEN--
also any Barten/Barton with a Hartjes or Hartjens Connection.

Van tilburg in Wisconsin from 1892 to 1905-07? Antone, wife Nellie and Antones brother John.

Posted: 10 Mar 2002 4:28AM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2003 11:27PM GMT
Hi,

There are at least 16 listings for the last name vanden Heuvel
of various single individuals and family's coming to the US between the years 1820-1880. Do you have more specifics?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic