Search for content in message boards

Nutt family

Nutt family

Posted: 30 Dec 2003 12:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jan 2004 2:26PM GMT
Surnames: Nutt
I was told many years ago that a Mrs. Chole Nutt Tubbs of Bernice, Union Parish, Louisiana, had a family Bible for the family of Samuel Nutt, Sr. born 1766 in South Carolina and died abt 1854 in Butts County, Georgia. Does any one have any info on this lady or the Bible?

Re: Nutt family

AN (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2004 1:45AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2004 2:25PM GMT
Irene Amato reported on this lady but I have not seen any info. on her in several years. She was the daughter of Samuel Robert Nutt, III; son of Samuel David Nutt, son of William B. Nutt, son of Samuel Robert Nutt, SR. Samuel Robert Nutt, Jr. was my gggrandfather. His son Andrew Samuel came to Tx in 1870 along with my grandfather Andrew Barkley Nutt from Marion Co., GA.. Samuel Robert SR died Jan 26, 1854 in Butts Co., GA.

How do you relate to these?

Anita Simmons (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2004 2:33PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jan 2004 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Nutt, Curry, Newberry, Jackson
I am descended from Samuel Robert Nutt, Sr through his son Andrew Nutt who married Jane Curry. Their son William Christopher Nutt, Sr married Desdemonia Ann Newberry, the daughter of James Newberry in 1832 in Marion Co.,GA and after William's death in 1857, Desdemonia moved to Ludlow, Scott, Mississippi to raise her 10 children. Also moving with her was her brother-in-law Samuel M. Nutt and his family. At some point in time his sister Caroline Jane Nutt who had married Enoch Jackson also moved to Scott County, Mississippi. His sister Mary Ann who had married Asher Jackson also moved to the same area in Leake County, Mississippi.
I am the great great granddaughter of William C. Nutt, SR. His son was James Andrew Jackson Nutt, his son was James Alfonza Nutt, and his daughter was Hattie Mildred Nutt who was my grandmother. All of them lived in Mississippi.
I have been trying to fill in some missing info on the children of Samuel Robert Nutt Sr. Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Anita Simmons

Edward Nutt (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2004 1:08AM GMT
I was given a Bible carried by my Grandfather GW Nutt. This item has been lost to me since my divorce. I am currently searching for Ancestory on GW (George Washington) Nutt. He resided in Fort Gibson, Telequah and Muskoghee, OK as I remember.

Posted: 9 Feb 2004 1:22AM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2004 11:56AM GMT
Surnames: Tubbs, Copeland, Laffitte, Nutt
Does Chole Tubbs have a link to Melissa Tubbs who was married to Henry Copeland (maybe Coplen)? They had a daughter born around 1888 in Bernice, LA, named Alberta Elizabeth Copeland. Her married name was Laffitte. She is my grandmother. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted: 9 Feb 2004 1:13PM GMT
I'm sorry I have no info on the Tubbs family. Anita Simmons

Posted: 28 Dec 2004 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Nutt, Satterwhite, Sullivan
I am trying to find information on Ouita/Onita Harriett Nutt, daughter of Andrew B. Nutt. I think she first married Estes Leo Satterwhite and after he die she married Charles Edward Sullivan. Any information you can give me I would appreciate.

Posted: 29 Dec 2004 2:39PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2004 7:23PM GMT
Surnames: nutt, young, alexander
I am not sure that I have the same Andrew B. Nutt as the one that you listed since there were several. I have Andrew Barkley Nutt born aft 1865 in Georgia and was the son of Andrew Samuel Nutt and Harriet Elizabeth Young. His wife was Mary Amanda Alexander. If it is the same Andrew Nutt as yours then there is a daughter listed as Ouida Nutt who married a Walker and lived in New Caney, Texas. This info comes from a book entitled the Nutt Chronicales: A Story of William and Eleanor Nutt's Descendants as found in Virginia and the Southern States by Irene E. Amato. There is alot of info in this book on the Nutt family. I have a copy of most of the book if there is any information in it that you would like let me know.

Posted: 29 Dec 2004 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2004 7:23PM GMT
Surnames: Nutt, Satterwhite, Sullivan, Walker, alexander
On the 1920 census Upshur Co., TX. ther is a Andrew B. Nutt b. 1868 GA. wife Mary A. b. TX. Her full name was Mary Amanda Elizabeth Alexander . They have a daughter Ouita/Ouida b. abt. 1905 TX.
She married Aug. 14, 1920 Upshur Co. #1 Estes Leo Satterwhite,b. July 10, 1898, d. April 16, 1926 Wichita Co., TX.
Next she married Charles Edward Sullivan, b. July 18, 1891, d. May 02, 1978 They lived in Nacogdoches Co., TX. where they had two sons. Charles Edward, b. Aug. 14, 1932 Nacogdoches, I think he must have died because on Nov. 11, 1934 they had a nother son C. E. Sullivan.
Andrew B. Nutt is buried in Nacogdoches.
Ouita Harriett Nutt married a Walker. She was b. Jan. 08, 1903, d. Nov. 04. 1989 New Caney, Montgomery Co., TX.

Posted: 29 Dec 2004 9:08PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2004 9:32PM GMT
Surnames: nutt, young
There is in the 1900 Panola Co., TX census on page 188A
Bartlett Nutt born Feb 1867 in GA and his wife Mollie born Dec 1872. They have a daughter Mary b Oct 1895, a son Andrew b 1897, a daughter Madie Bell born Jun 1899 and his brother Robert is also living with them.

I believe this is the same family as the 1920 Usher Co., TX Nutt family. Also since his brother Robert is living with them in 1920 that ties him to Andrew Samuel Nutt and Harriet Elizabeth Young as his parents.

There is also a man that I have corresponded with named Andy Nutt who is the grandson of Andrew Bartlett (Barkley) Nutt. His address is docnutt@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions