Search for content in message boards

Aaron Short Elizabeth Chaffin

Aaron Short Elizabeth Chaffin

Michael E. Short (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2000 2:38PM GMT

Daniel Short

Janice Spencer (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2000 5:59PM GMT
I am descended fom Daniel and also from Isabella. Where did you find out Aaron Elizabeth came fom Wise Co., VA? I could not find this. Reply, Please.

Daniel Isabel Short

michael short (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2000 4:37AM GMT
Janice,
I have a letter written by Richard George Short, greatgrandson of Aaron, dtd Dec 23 1936 that says Aaron came from Wise Co, VA and this information has been repeated by others that I have talked with. I would be willing to exchange any and all information that I have on the Shorts. Please use my address michaels@shelbynet.net to answer.

descendant

Posted: 12 Apr 2001 8:15AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2006 12:40PM GMT
James R.& Martha E.(Jordan-Green)Short, parents of William E. Short-married Lucy O. Crihfield daughter of William B.& Anna C.(Harper). 'Willie' and Lucy were my grandparents. Only recently have infor from my mother. Would like to share. Thank you.

Re: Aaron Short Elizabeth Chaffin

Posted: 24 Apr 2003 6:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shrot - Green - Kitchen
Looking for information on Isabel Short ba: 1814 to Aaron Short and Elizabeth Chaffin. Isabel m1: Walter A. Green and had 3 children: Elizabeth born about 1835 death 1911. Winny Green birth about 1838 Daniel Green about 1843 Winny Green ba: 1838 married David Kitchen b: 1835 m. 1854 and had the following chidren: 1. James F. Kitchen 12-22-1856 2. Matilda Kitchen 12-1859
We are not sure the following 3 children are with Winny. In 1870 Matilda and Alexander are living with two of David’s brothers and Liddie J age 3 is living with Isabel Short Green Murphy and Winnie is living in the Holbrook family as a domestic. In 1880 Isabel is living with a grandson, James Short and we lose Liddie J and Winnie. In 1884 Sylvia “Lydia” Jane marries Owen Meadows in Kanawha County, WV.

3. Frank Kitchen (no further data)
4. Alexander Kitchen 4-1866
5. Sylvia Lydia Jane Kitchen 1867 (my gggrandmother)
We know David is married to someone else in 1869.
Thanks, Terrie

Posted: 7 Sep 2004 11:53PM GMT
I am also from this line and I hope you are still working on it. I am kin to James Short that married Matilda Clevenger. I would like to exchange info. I am still trying to go back futher than Aaron but as of yet nothing. Maybe you have found more clues than I. Bettyann babboyd@cox.net I hope to hear from you. Thank you

al (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2004 2:04AM GMT
I am descended from nancy short who married george sparks of lawrence county ky.nancy is supposed to be a daughter of aaron short and elizabeth chaffin but I see you dont have her listed.she was born in or about 4-7-1800 died 1-11 1879 lawrence county ky.
dont know where she was born or where aaron was from though i see you have it as wise county va which makes sense.a lot of my ky kin came from wise county first and before that nc.
AL

Posted: 21 Dec 2004 11:09PM GMT
Surnames: Short, Chaffin, Clevenger, Sheffield, Light, Moreland
I am also from the Aaron Short family through James. I would like to exchange info. with you. My e-mail address is babboyd@cox.net. Thank you, Bettyann

Al (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2006 12:49AM GMT
does anyone have Aaron"s parents names?I"ve arrived at a complete dead end on Aaron and have been so for years as you can see by my two year ols post.
thanks for any help,
Al

Posted: 17 Jun 2012 3:29AM GMT
From DNA it is believed his father was a GRIGSBEE/GRIGSBY, etc. His mother may have been Milly SHORT. See the discussion under Lineage VIII at:
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/short/disc

Rick Saunders
SHORT DNA Group Administrator
per page

Find a board about a specific topic