Search for content in message boards

Stacy's from Morgan County KY

Stacy's from Morgan County KY

janet sparks (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2002 7:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Mar 2002 6:32AM GMT
Surnames: Stacy
still looking for stacy's from morgan county ky, if anyone has any info I sure would love to hear from you, the stacy's are wilburn lee or Ira that family,

please help, thanks, janet

Re: Stacy's from Morgan County KY

Nick Stacy (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2002 4:19PM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2002 5:39AM GMT
Hay i have played golf at West liberty club. There is a Stacy man that plays there all the time. He is around 70 years old and his name is Lee Stacy that might help you in your quest.

Posted: 23 Jul 2002 3:46PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2006 1:20AM GMT
Hello Janet, I tried to email you personally but it was return to me saying you addy was bad.
It's been a long time since we talked.
Last night something lead me to look at the very 1880 Morgan County, KY census that your talking about and to HH #107 with Asberry Stacy. There is a child listed...Mary J. 13 who I am wondering if she could be my great grandmother Mary Jane Stacy.
Also another child listed name Leborne ? 1/12 son born April. I wonder if that name should and could actually be Seborne Stacy.
Please email me at
Mountaintear@aol.com
Take care
Donna

Posted: 12 Nov 2002 9:21PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2003 3:19PM GMT
hello
that is leborn stacey really he had had his name changed from stacy to stacey and he is my grand father his father was william and mother was rebecca ? he had a brother named asberry i dont know the rest of them i am searching this line their is an older asberry with a william in the 1850 censes im trying to figure out if he might be williams father this is all i know i can go forward but not backwards
martha

Posted: 13 Nov 2002 4:36AM GMT
Thanks Martha,
Tonight I found this bit of info on the net.
Good Luck on your search
Donna Sue
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1850 Morgan
County Census HH # 1013
visited on Sep 27, 1850
Relation
Occupation Stated
Age Sex Born
in Birth
date Marriage
date Died
-1- =Stacy George Farm Owner 49 Male KY N/A N/A N/A
-2- *Lykins-Stacy Mary Wife
Keeps house 35 Female KY N/A N/A N/A
-3- Stacy John Son
Laborer 16 Male KY N/A N/A N/A
-4- Stacy Wilbourn Son 15 Male KY N/A N/A N/A
-5- Stacy William Son 13 Male KY N/A N/A N/A
-6- Stacy Elizabeth Daughter 11 Female KY N/A N/A N/A
-7- Stacy Asberry Son 10 Male KY N/A N/A N/A
Notes: None

Posted: 13 Nov 2002 2:09PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2003 3:19PM GMT
good morning dona
yes i know i found the same thing but how did you find out mary was a liken i didnt see her last name sure wish theyed put the wifes last name in it sure would make it easier wouldnt it any way im wondering if they might be kin to me sine my grand father has the same names in his family tree from what ive found are you kin to these stacys
martha

Posted: 13 Nov 2002 8:03PM GMT
Marth, I didn't know her last name either. The Census information I found was someone elses work.
I am not 100% sure if I am connected to this Stacy family or not. I am trying to trace my great grandmother's family. Her name is Mary Jane Stacy. Why don't you email me.It's easier.
Donna Sue
Mountaintear@aol.com

Posted: 15 Nov 2002 6:56PM GMT
Surnames: Stacy, Bailey, Lykins
I am finding that the George Stacy your looking for born 1802 is the son of Meshack and Agnes Bailey. George married Mary Lykins 20 Nov 1831 in Morgan Co, KY.

Posted: 20 Mar 2003 7:02PM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2003 2:26AM GMT
hi donna
could you tell me where you got the information on george stacy so i can look at it and see if they are my line and i found a mary jane stacy and i think she is in my line of stacys is she a stacy or did she marry a stacy i can go to the censes if you want me to look up something any way i will get back to you on the mary jane latter when i look at my papers again tonight as im not at home right now

martha
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions