Search for content in message boards

Ship "Elizabeth Denison"

Ship "Elizabeth Denison"

Posted: 16 Aug 2005 4:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

My Wagner ancestors arrived at NY May 27, 1850 aboard the "Elizabeth Denison" out of Antwerp.

Does anyone know anything about this ship as far as history, captain, where I might find a picture, etc.?

Any help appreciated.

Nancy

Re: Ship "Elizabeth Denison"

Posted: 28 Apr 2006 1:54AM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 17 Sep 2012 12:40AM GMT

Posted: 16 Apr 2010 5:49PM GMT
Looks like it was built in 1847 and was a 3 masted 645 tonne ship F.W. Spencer was the ships master and it was part of the Samuel THompson line later renamed to tne Black Star line.

Posted: 18 Jun 2010 5:25PM GMT
I was also searching for the ED for a German ancestor. My info. matches yours. I couldn't find a picture but the closest depiction was the Caleb Grimshaw. It sank in 1849. There is a horrific description of the sinking, look at Caleb Grimshaw and Company. Emily

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 8:27PM GMT
My ancestors also came to America on the Elizabeth Denison. You can purchase a download or a print of the ship Elizabeth Denison from the Mariners Museum at Newport News. You can view a watercolor painting of the ship there. There are said to be photos of the ship at another museum but they have not yet responded to my query.
Bob Karls

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 1:19AM GMT
Look at the Caleb Grimshaw on the web. It includes info about the Elizabeth Denison.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions