Search for content in message boards

Brumat from Austria

Brumat from Austria

Beryl Bass (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2004 11:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Nov 2006 12:55PM GMT
Surnames: Brumat, Campbell, Brume
Re Brumat from Austria. My aunt, Elizabeth Campbell married Eugene Brume s/o ? Brumat from Austria around 1917 and had a son Clifford Brumat 12 July 1918. Clifford is still alive and living in Stockport, Cheshire.

Re: Brumat from Austria

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 10:39PM GMT
Surnames: Brumat
Clifford Brumat is the cousin of my Mother, Jessie Morten (formerly Keen, nee Brumat).

Their grandparents were Franz Brumat of Austria (believed Vienna) and his wife, Jane Noble of London. Franz was a hatter and they settled in Stockport (then a thriving hatting town) with their surviving children, Ferdinand Joseph Brumat (Fernie), Hermione Brumat (Minnie), Eugene Bonito Brumat (Tim, Clifford's father), Hubert Francesco Brumat (Bert), Leon Augustine Brumat (Leonard, Jessie's father, my grandfather)and Lilian Alice Brumat (Lily).

Franz and Jane died when their youngest children were small (I understand that my grandfather was about 7 years old) and the family was kept together by the eldest children of the family who were by then working. Minnie and Lily both died unmarried without children. The sons married and had children. To my knowledge, Clifford and my Mother are the only surviving first cousins of the UK line of the Brumat family.

It is understood that the family originated from the French town of Brumath in the Alsace Region but that its members settled in Austria (Vienna), Italy (Trieste), UK (Stockport) and the USA. In the 1970s, I was in correspondence with brother and sister Sylvana Brumat and Mario Brumat of Vienna, but unfortunately that correspondence ceased after a few years.

Shirley Ford (nee Keen)

Posted: 3 Nov 2011 9:44PM GMT
Surnames: Brumat
Hello, Shirley!!
This is SILVANA BRUMAT from AUSTRIA!
By pure chance I´ve found your thread here. Yes I remember that we wrote a lot of letters, you and me but that´s a long time ago. All your letters I´ve still on my own!
How are you, Shirley? Hope fine!!
I´ve learned from your thread here about my family more than ever.But my own loved father, Mario Brumat, born 1929 (the son of Hector Brumat/Irene Brumat)died 1990, he was 60 years old....my mother, Ingeborg Brumat, born 1929 is still alived in Vienna. Today she is 83 years old. And my brother, Mario Brumat, born 1959, he lives also in Vienna.
Myself, Silvana Brumat, born 1956 - I live in my own house in lower austria. Both, my brother and me, we´ve no children.
My aunt, Corinna (Trieste) is died 20 years ago, also my grandmother (Pavia, Italy) Irene. Only the sister of my father, Beatrice Brumat (she had 11 children and lived in Pavia, Italy) could be alived, but I don´t know sure, because I had never a contact with her.
WOW!! Please write me, Shirley! I would be happy!!
If you want, take a look to facebook.com, you can see there a photo and more.
Kiss you meantime, Silvana

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 11:38PM GMT
Hi
I have found a descendent of Ferdinand living in Widnes :-)
His name is Stephen Clayton :-)
Are you on Facebook and I can introduce you :-) cheers
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions