Search for content in message boards

Frank Egerton Davison

Frank Egerton Davison

Posted: 13 Jun 2013 7:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davison McKinnon Weaver
Looking for info on / descendants of Frank Egerton Davison, b 7 Mar 1872 Toronto, s/o John Thomas Davison & Mary Severn. Frank married 22 Jul 1911 Ethel E McKinnon; believe had a daughter Verna. Frank was into Canadian resource exploration & mining, and exec of Patricia Airways. Lived at 493 Euclid Ave, Toronto, then 353 Brunswick Ave. Wife Ethel's mother was Estella Elizabeth Weaver, b.1859 St Catharines. Would appreciate any info.

Re: Frank Egerton Davison

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 3:21PM GMT
Hi,

I found this in the Toronto Star. Appeared on
November 17, 1993 page A20. Says she is buried at Mount Pleasant, possible her parents are there as well.

Nancy
Attachments:

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 3:52PM GMT
Surnames: Davison Weaver
Thank you Nancy, very kind of you to dig this up. It really helps, as the only "evidence" I ever had of Verna was a vague recollection by my mother. Verna's father Frank, I'm finding out, was a mine owner / mining promoter but is remembered today mainly by specialized philatelists. Apparently his Patricia Airways used to carry mail among northern outposts. They issued semi-postal stamps and some have his initials F.E.D. overprinted on them. Thanks again, Bob

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 4:16PM GMT
Hi Bob

You are very welcome. I saw the stamps etc very interesting.
Sorry the obit didn't say very much.

Nancy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions