Search for content in message boards

Searching for grave in New Port Richey, Pasco, FL

Searching for grave in New Port Richey, Pasco, FL

Posted: 10 Nov 2010 5:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KOMISARY
I am searching for the grave of Steve (or Steven) Komisary. He died and was presumably buried in New Port Richey, Florida. I have already tried to contact the cemeteries and they can find no record. He would NOT have been the plot owner. The plot owner would have been Sara Frances Vosel (also known as Sara Frances Komisary.) If anyone can locate the grave and take a photograph of it for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Searching for grave in New Port Richey, Pasco, FL

Posted: 11 Nov 2010 4:23AM GMT
He is probably buried with his parents and his brother. Even though his marker does not have the death date on it, doesn't mean he is not there.. Contact the funeral home.

KOMISARY, Steve, of Newport Richey, FLa., formerly of Carnegie, died June 24. Szafranski-Eberlein Funeral Home, Carnegie.
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (PA)
Date: June 27, 1998

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 1:15AM GMT
Traci, New Port Richey is the size of a postage stamp, and I don't recall seeing many cemetaries around. Have you tried Port Richey (NPR is an off-shoot) or Hudson? Holiday is another option. If you can narrow it down, I can run out for you. We've lived in Hudson since '92.

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 2:00AM GMT
Surnames: KOMISARY
Thank you for your offer. I called all of the mortuaries and cemeteries in NPR and they all said there was no grave for him there. Unfortunately I have nothing else to go on. He lived in NPR and died there. The plot was likely purchased by his ex wife so she would be the plot owner, not him. His name was Stephen (or Steven) Komisary and her name was Sarah Vosel. I wish I had more information, but I don't. Sarah's cousin once told me the cemetery name but I have not been able to reach him to get the name again. So thinking he was cremated and ashes scattered is not likely. Thank you again and I will keep trying to narrow this down. Traci

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 2:53PM GMT
There is a large cemetary in the Trinity area, but that looks costly. Could he be in Bushnell? I don't know any names of cemetaries, but it sounds like you've hit everything hard. There's 2 on Hudson Ave. Several of the local funeral homes have gone out of business, so I imagine that has hampered your search, too. :-S

Posted: 25 Jan 2011 1:45PM GMT
Did you contact the funeral home in Carnegie?

Posted: 25 Jan 2011 2:11PM GMT
Sorry, I had another thought. I drove thru NPR this morning, and I remembered that Elfers & Seven Springs also border NPR on the south side (along with Trinity, but as I said that area is pricey).

Posted: 19 Sep 2012 3:05PM GMT
Traci, I live in Clearwater. I don't mind helping you but I need a Cemetery. My father-in-law is buried in New Port Richey in a large Cemetery and It would take Hours just to check it out. I would need a lot more Information , Dates area he lived. Pasco is a hugh county.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic