Search for content in message boards

Robert E Lee

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 11:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lee
Hi, I am a 32 yr old female and I have been told that my grandfather is a cousin of Gen Robert E Lee. Please contact me with the information you have and with what I have maybe we have somthing !

Re: Robert E Lee

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: lee
hello cus,we are on the same path in search of our ancesters. all the info i have was sent to me by another cousin in draffin,ky.she sent me information on many,many lees,and yes their was mention of the general robert e lee.my dads father was thomas jefferson lee,and william was dads brother,i think my dad had a couple more brothers and maybe three sisters,one is still living in roanoke va,her name is florence lee,she married a underwood.my g-granddad was richard a lee,richards dad my gg-granddad was john lee,born abt 1830 in tazewell co,va the mother of john who would be my ggg-grandmother was jane lee,born 1810 in tazewell co,va i can not find the father of jane lee or the father of janes children,this is what we need to work on ,hope this helps and keep in touch bye for now cus. roy

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 2:58AM GMT
Hello Roy, Emalene and I expected to hear from you and I have not until I logged on to this site. I have tried e-mailing you at the address you gave us and did not receive a response. Yes in the material that Emalene sent to you I did mention the Robert E. Lee possible connections. I cannot prove it. We do not know where Jane came from but I am sure it was not originally Virginia. I beleive there is a connection the the Lighthorse Harry and have no proof. If we all work together, maybe we can make the connections. We still do not have the information concerning all of your siblings and I do not have a William listed. Hopefully we can add families to this long line of Lee's. As we have done in the past and will do in the future, Emalene and I will share the information we gather and hopefully if others researching this line will do the same, we may prove or disprove the Robert E. Lee mystery. Please make contact and help us. We have since last contact with you, learned of a few others in Kentucky and West Virginia. Also I have made contact with a family in Richlands.
Phyllis

Patty (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2001 12:17AM GMT
Surnames: Lee
I am a descendent of William E Lee of Buchanan Co. I dont have much but I also agree that if we work together we can figure this out :)

Phyllis (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2001 2:48AM GMT
Surnames: Lee, Wagner, Mullins, Stiltner, Williams
Jane Lee had two sons it has been noted, one John, the other Richard.
Richard married Nancy Fuller, their son Shadrack "Shade" Lee married Lucy Blankenship, one of their sons was Arvil Lee, born 1905, married Lillian Williams. This is my direct line

I have information I am willing to share, some is speculation, some wishful thinking, some documented.
Phyllis

Abigail Lee (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2003 1:11PM GMT
Surnames: Lee and Brock
I had been searching this site for the last 24 hours until I found this thread. Both my mother and father passed away recently and I would like to get more information on my dad's side of the family specifically because I know very little about them and I am hoping to set up a memorial for him and my mother. My father's name was Arthur Roy Lee and I know his father's name was Walter Lee from Kentucky and paternal mother was Lilly Lee, with Beatrice Lee as his stepmother. Like everyone it seems, we too were told we were related to Robert E. Lee, and that my father's gfather and ggfather and gggfather were all named Robert E. Lee (although not all of them shared the same middle name)

I hope that Beatrice is still alive because she has already researched a lot of the family history. Walter and Lilly are both deceased, along with his brother Joe Lee from Indiana and sister Betty (can't remember married her last name) from Illinois. He also had another sister, Nellie, who I have no other information about and a half sister named Grace who I don't know is still alive either. Beatrice and Walter had a handful of kids together too, and the names I remember are that of Robert "Bobby" E. Lee and Obie Lee.

He also has an estranged stepson named Roy Lee from his first marriage, who is approx. 38 years old now. I have not seen or talked to Roy in close to 10 years now and have no idea where he is or if he is even still alive.

My brother, Michael Roy Lee and myself, Abigail Rose Lee, are his only two other children. My mother's name was Bonnie Deane Lee (maiden name Brock) from Medford Oregon, which is where my brother and I both live presently.

Any information anyone can give me on any of this would be wonderful as it will allow me to feel like I knew my dad a little better than I got a chance to. Please feel free to email me if you prefer or post a reply. Thank you very much.

Kindest Regards, Abie Lee
per page

Find a board about a specific topic