Search for content in message boards

CARR, MORRIS, SHARP, SHARPENSTEIN

CARR, MORRIS, SHARP, SHARPENSTEIN

P stafford (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 1997 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CARR, MORRIS, SHARP, SHARPENSTEIN
SHARPENSTEIN SHARP families of Matthias or son MORRIS, grandson Morris or g-grandson William L. b.1822 married Matilda CARR dau of Peter. Originally settled Upper German Valley. Last known to be in Morris Twp. I would like to correspond with any one who can share some early history regarding this family. Thank you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: CARR, MORRIS, SHARP, SHARPENSTEIN

Posted: 17 Jul 2005 6:53AM GMT
Edited: 28 Sep 2005 3:22PM GMT
Surnames: KARR,
Washington Twp, Morris County, NJ - aka German Valley
aka Dutch Valley aka and currently since WWI is Long Valley.

The Washington Twp Historical Society is on Fairview Place in Long Valley and is open to visitors from 2pm to 4pm and alittle longer each Sunday. The Museum Volunteers have an answering machine that can help you if you leave a message.

George Kaar married Eliza Sharp (shortened from Sharpenstein, Matthias decided that it was easier to shorten his last name, although some of his descendants retained the natural spelling.

So that you can locate some of the information yourself there is a Free RootsWeb.com page. In the address/Search Bar type: gene frame

That will take you to the page if you use google.com it will be sorter in the search. Rootsweb.com has a list of free pages but I have not seen it recently.

I have some information on arrivals of the people that lived during Matthias' timeline, can I help you. George Kaar is my ancestor. (an uncle of my gggrandfather).

Carr is not a name that is exactly correct for that time period, but Karr and Kaar are. William, my gggrandfather was misspelled on a certificate, so he has been listed as a Wm. Carr, but that has been corrected.

Posted: 7 Jan 2006 6:38AM GMT
Kathleen,
Do you have any info on earlier KARS/KARR/KAARS?
Mine came to LANCASTOR(BERKS) PA in 1733. They had 2 daughters married in churches there and records in
PENNSYLVANIA GERMAN PIONEERS. There name was KERR/KARR in Europe, and KAAR/KARR/KAR/KEHR/etc. in PA records. Johann JACOB was the elder KARR. His son Henry moved to VA ca 1750, and his name became CARR. That is what we now use, but some still used KERR & KARR.
There were SHARPs in family somewhere, and they all ended up in Washington CourtHouse, FAYETTE OH.
My KRAEMERS also had the same problem after PA, they became KRAMER/CRAMER/CREAMER/KREAMER.
Alot of them ended up in FAYETTE & GREENE CO's in OH also, after living in VA
. GINNY 2

Posted: 4 Mar 2009 4:07PM GMT
Surnames: Carr, Karr, Kaar
I am researching the Peter Carr (1805-?) from Chester Twp,Morris Co, NJ. He had a son George (1836-?).

Could this be the George Kaar you have referenced in your query reply?

Posted: 4 Mar 2009 7:26PM GMT
I am sorry for not following up on this board. There were Walter & Joseph 1796 Kaar in Butler County. In the book, " Annals of Lyzerne County PA.," there is alot of answer I think for both of us. I know that most of the Kaar's from Morris County were from later births in the Joseph/Elizabeth Dufford Kaar. However, the family seemed to relocate between PA to Princeton, Bureau County, ILL. along with all the surnames that we are searching for.

Good Hunting.

Posted: 4 Mar 2009 7:28PM GMT
George Kaar was an original birth in the Kaar family and also a son of Alfred & Amanda Batson Kaar. They lived in Hackettstown. So I don't think so.

Good Hunting.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions