Search for content in message boards

Bullocks Creek Cem.

Bullocks Creek Cem.

Mark (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2002 6:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith
Does anyone have a full listing of those buried at the Bullocks Crrek Cem. and the location of the cemetery. Thanks, Mark

Re: Bullocks Creek Cem.

Bob Bolin (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2002 6:47PM GMT
Jerry West, president of the Broad River Basin Historical Society, who lives across the road from Bullocks Creek Church, has done a complete audit of that cemetery, and no doubt can help you. I believe the BRBH Society has the complete roster for sale, also. Contact Jerry at RJLWest@juno.com

Carole (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2004 8:24PM GMT
Hi, if you haven't gotten the information you wanted about the cemetery. I have a copy of the book by Jerry West right here by my computer. Also, have his book on the history of Bullock's Creek. My families are the Black's and McSwain's, many of both buried at Bullock's Creek.

Posted: 1 Feb 2004 9:01PM GMT
I am also interested in cemetery at Bullock's Creek. My ancestor died there, 1807. He was John McSwain,Sr.
Thanx, Barbara in AL

Carole (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2004 11:54PM GMT
Your John died May 19, 1807 and was married to Sarah Bradford and was the son of David and Hannah? His brother David my direct ancestor. He is not buried at Bullock's Creek Presbyterian. In general, the McSwains were Baptist not Presbyterian. I would look back in Rutherford county at the David Baptist or the McSwain cemetery. They moved back and forth between those 2 counties/states for many years. My John Crosby McSwain is buried at Bullock's Creek Presbyterian with his Presbyterian wife. His father, James, son of David is buried at Hickory Grove Baptist--which is about 8 miles from Bullock's Creek. Hope that helps. If interested, please email me and we can exchange plenty of information.

Mark (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2004 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Hood, Crawford, Plaxico
Hi Carole, thanks for replying. I am researching the Descendant of Nicholas Smith 1750-1814. I have not been able to find where he or any of his desendants are buried. Would you please send me what info you have on any of the Smiths buried there. Thank you very much. Mark Smith

Posted: 11 May 2004 2:11AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2004 3:43AM GMT
Surnames: Black, McElwee
Hi, I am looking for info on Janet Black who was married to William McElwee. I am also looking for info on Rhoda Black, who was married to James McElwee. I would love to know who Janet and Rhoda Blacks parents were. My email address is byrdie92@hotmail.com Thank you for any help that you can give me. Bye, Robin

Barb Moore (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2004 5:13PM GMT
Hi Carole,

I've been trying to find where my ancestors are buried in York County. When I saw your post that said you have the book beside your computer for Bullocks Creek, I thought "maybe that is the cemetery"! There are several land records where they bought & sold land on Bullocks Creek during the late 1700's.
I don't want to impose, but I wondered if you would check for me. All of these died in York County. And I seem to recall that at least one of these families married a Black. I also think the Seahorns were Presbyterian (or maybe it was the Ponders).

Robert Swan/Swann Date of Death: Before Dec 1780.
Martha Swan/Swann (His wife) DOD: Before 1799
Nicholas Seahorn, Jr. DOD: 1820
Mary "Polly" Ponder Seahorn (His wife) DOD: Unknown
Daniel Ponder DOD: 1788
Jemima Bennett Ponder (His wife) DOD: Unknown

I apologize for the LONG list but if you have ANY of them listed it would help.

Thanks in advance.
Barb Moore
Dallas, TX

Swann@ Bullock Creek

carole (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2004 6:36PM GMT
You may end up with two of these, as I think I lost the first response, but anyway. Salina Jane Swann, daughter of M. B. and M. M. Swann. Sister of Reverend Swann; she may have been called Kizzie. After the reverend left Bullock's Creek he settled in Rock Hill, a housing community is presently located on his farm known as "Swan Plantation" and is located on Herlong Avenue. Salina died in 1914.

I know someone who has Ponder's in their family--I'll ask them to take a look at your message.

York County Cemeteries

carole (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2004 6:51PM GMT
http://www.rootsweb.com/~scyork/Cemetery.html

this web site has many of the york county cemeteries listed. part of Bullock's Creek is there. I checked on the other Presbyterian around Bullock's Creek and did not find your folks there either. The york county site is pretty good.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic