Search for content in message boards

Picture of Consol No. 9, Farmington

Picture of Consol No. 9, Farmington

Karen Fowler (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wilson
I just thought I would ask agian if anyone had any pictures
of this mine. Also, I would like to get in touch with any SURVIVORS of this explosion.

Karen Fowler

Picture of #9 Coal Mine

Wilma (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Statler
Monogahelia.
I have a 1972 of #9 Coal Mine. Please contact me.

new river company store.

danny smith (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: new river company
we bought the new river company stor and thier is time books from 1940 until 1960 of the men that woked here this is the new river company store#5 at cranberry,beckley wva.

NUMBER 9 MINE EXPLOSION PHOTO'S

WENDY MORRIS (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: KAZNOSKI
I HAVE PHOTOS OF #9 MINE BEFORE THE EXPLOSION, DURING THE EXPLOSION AND AFTER THE EXPLOSION. MY COMPUTER IS CURRENTLY IN THE SHOP. YOU CAN REACH ME: WENDY MORRIS
RT.8 BOX 155 FAIRMONT W.V. 26554. I WILL BE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU. MY GRANDFATHER WAS KILLED IN THE EXPLOSION OF 1968. HE WAS NEVER RECOVERED. I HAVE EVERY NEWSPAPER ARTICLE ON THE EXPLOSION, REPORTS FROM CONSOL ON THE MINE, RECORDS OF THE WIDOWS COMMITTEE MEETINGS, LETTERS FROM MEMBERS OF THE US SENATE AND LOCAL GOVERMENT OFFICIALS REGUARDING ATTEMPTS BY WIDOWS TO COLLECT BLACK LUNG BENEFITS, AND MUCH MORE. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE INTERESTED IN THIS INFO. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SHARE WHAT I HAVE. I HAVE THE PRESS PHOTOS FROM THE EXPLOSION.

new river store

marcella marshall (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: pettry
i have heard my dad speak of new river store,by any chance would his or my grandfathers name be in it.my dad arthur lee{buster} pettry or william lacy{bill}pettry
thanks for any help you can give.
marcy

Re: new river company store.

Posted: 29 May 2002 12:18AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2004 5:17PM GMT
Do you still have the time notes from the New River company store? I had relatives who worked there in the early 1900's. The name I'm interested in is Samuel Matheney, Lester Jones and James Henry Jones.

Re: Picture of Consol No. 9, Farmington

Posted: 9 Jun 2005 4:35AM GMT
Karen Fowler, your email must've changed. I share an interest in Number 9 Explosion. Also Wilsons of Marion/Monongalia Counties WV.

Posted: 9 Jun 2005 4:37AM GMT
Karen Fowler, your email must've changed. I share an interest in Number 9 Explosion. Also Wilsons of Marion/Monongalia Counties WV.

Re: new river company store.

Posted: 14 Dec 2007 5:23PM GMT
Danny,
I just ran across your posting about the Coal Mine Company Store. I went to this store many times with my Father and Grandfather. I have been trying to find any information about their working at the mines or purchases from your store.

Their names are Snookum Perdue Briggs Father
Marion Boyd Briggs - Grandfather.

Can you help me with any information about them ?

I will appreciate any information which you may have.

Sincerely,

Ray Briggs

RayBriggs9999@yahoo.com

Posted: 25 Jan 2008 5:46AM GMT
I have a fair amount of Consol No 9 materiel, though I'm sure a lot of what we hsve is duplicated. If you feel comfortable, email me at me714@aol.com, and we'll compare notes!

Thanks!

Rick Jarrett
Mine Research Group
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions