Search for content in message boards

Holloway cemetery @ Grundy Co. Missouri

Holloway cemetery @ Grundy Co. Missouri

T. Wagner (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2000 1:13PM GMT
I'm looking for Holloway cemetery/Union cemetery in Grundy Co, south of Lindley Missouri. There is no Lindley on the map. This is in the Trenton area.
Thanks for your help.

Holloways in Grundy Co. Missouri

Janice Cox Proffitt (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2000 10:56AM GMT
T. Wagner, My Holloways George Holloway and
Mary Pharo, James Holloway and Ruth Woods
came from Grundy Co. Missouri. If you do not
find the cemetery that you are looking for,
let me know, I may be able to help.
A Holloway Descendant. Janice Cox Proffitt

Holloways in Grundy, MO

Teresa Wagner (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2000 12:27PM GMT
What is the address of this Holloway Cemetery?
George and Ruth's son Isaac (is my GGGG grandfather) married Mary Haines. Their son William married Sarah Stanley.Their youngest son William married Elizabeth Fisher. They had a son named John who married Susannah O'Dell who had a son named William who married Emma E.Pace (my grandparents).

I have some letters written from Missouri and Kansas to William Holloway. From 1833- 1853. I can photocopy them if you give me your address.
Teresa Wagner
WagnerAT@AOL.com

Holloway cemetery @ Grundy Co MO

Posted: 19 Aug 2000 12:23PM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2004 12:55AM GMT
The Holloway cemetery in Grundy Co. is near Laredo and Gault, which are east of Trenton. It is just north east of Laredo. It is also known as Union Grove Cemetery or Joab Holloway Cemetary. Joab Holloway gave the land for the cemetery, he was the son of John Holloway and Levicey Hodgson. I have a wealth of information on this entire Holloway line in both directions. Let me know if any of this interests you.

Joab Holloway cemetery

Posted: 21 Aug 2000 10:10AM GMT
John and Levicey (I have it spelled Lovicy, and I don't have a birthdate for her) Holloway. Their son Joab, was a preacher and donated the land for the cemetery. I have a letter that he wrote to William Holloway in 1852 where he talks about being a preacher "in the wiles of Missouri".
Joab married Mary Rooks and Elizabeth married Samuel Rooks - are they brother and sister?
Sarah marries Asaiel Stanberry, I also have the spelling as Saul.
Did Rebecca Holloway (1828 - 1850) get married? She was 22 when she died, and where did she die?
I would like any information that you have on the Holloways. Thanks!
Teresa Wagner
WagnerAT@AOL.com

Holloway Family

Posted: 28 Aug 2000 9:43AM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2002 3:21PM GMT
Looking for Grundy Missouri Family

HOLLOWAY, THORNBURG IN GRUNDY

Posted: 28 Aug 2000 5:22PM GMT
IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS I CAN E-MAIL YOU THE LETTERS.
TERESA WAGNER
WAGNERAT@AOL.com

Holloway in Grundy, Mo.

Posted: 28 Aug 2000 5:27PM GMT
My Mother was a Holloway and would like to find out more about her family. ptraut@adams.net

James Holloway

Posted: 28 Aug 2000 5:28PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 7:19PM GMT
Saw you message and wanted to ask more about your James and all you MO HOlloway connections. I have a great great grandmother that was orphaned at an early age. She always thought her father was named James/Jim Holloway. He was supposedly b. in KY abt. 1830's. Died somewhere in MO abt 1867. Unknown burial. Wife's surname may be Hunt. Known children are Louisa Jane, Mary and Jim. March anything of yours? Thanks.

Holloway Decedent

Posted: 28 Aug 2000 5:43PM GMT
My Great Grandfather was Benjamin Pew Holloway who married in Grundy County Julia Alice Marshall who was born in Grundy County. Is there enyone who has information about this family or other Holloways. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic