Search for content in message boards

SANDERS, CECIL, Texas, Calif., Philippines

SANDERS, CECIL, Texas, Calif., Philippines

Posted: 15 Oct 2006 11:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SANDERS, SAUNDERS
Looking for any info on Cecil SANDERS, born between 1912-1915 in Texas, served in WWII, re-enlisted (probably in California); machinist in Philippines, KIA around Sept 1944. May be SAUNDERS???

Re: SANDERS, CECIL, Texas, Calif., Philippines

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 1:15AM GMT
Might this Cecil be a relation of Isaac Sanders, Anna Mae Sanders?

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: SANDERS
Wish we knew more on those Sanders names. We've been given barely anything except his name, approx birth year (bet 1910-1920), possibly had an accent (i.e. British), may have had a reddish beard, born maybe Brownsville or Corpus Cristi, TX. We can't even establish an actual marriage... lots of questions about those war years... Sorry we don't have much to go on. Thanks for asking. If you think there is a connection, I'd be glad to hear.

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 3:02AM GMT
I'm not really sure :/ The other other names I have in conjunction with my Cecil Sanders are Joyce, Clarence, Margaret, Billy Earl, and those already listed- might be more, but I can't recall atm. My Cecil was also possibly married, but I'm not sure of the woman's name. Could have been Alsie or Elsie? *sigh* I'm just as stumped as you, I'm afraid. Although, if you think you might be related to your Cecil (that could be mine too?) my brother (direct male descendant, or a relative of a direct- could be cousins) is going to take the DNA test here in a month. If you or someone you know is able to do this also, we could compare them and find out for sure.

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 3:03AM GMT
In case of confusion, Isaac and Anna might possibly be (not too helpful, but still!)- either his parents, or his brother/brother's wife.

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: SANDERS
You're welcome to write us at our current Ancestry user name at google (gmail). We can explain our situation in more detail. Our Cecil was Navy in WWII and died in the service.

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 11:20PM GMT
My name is cheryll oliver. I was cecils grandniece, Issac sanders was my grandfather, and anna is my sister. I am trying to trace my family history, so if you could give any more info that would be great. My email is cherylloliver@yahoo.com thank you for any help you may be able to give.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions