Search for content in message boards

BUECHNER, Gottfried

BUECHNER, Gottfried

Sue Goodfellow (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Gottfried Buechner, "Manlius, was born in Bavaria, Germany, Jan. 15, 1840, and came to this country in 1862. He first located in Albany, and while there, Sept. 17, 1862, he enlisted in Co. I, 43d N.Y. Vols. He was in the battle of Fredericksburg, Dec. 12-15, 1862; at Marye's Heights on May 4, 1863, he was taken prisoner and confined at Belle Island two weeks and two weeks in Libby Prison, when he was exchanged, and joined his regiment in time to get into the battle at Rappahannock Station; he was in the Wilderness campaign, at Spottsylvania, and at Cold Harbor was wounded in his right arm; he returned to the field from the hospital to engage in the fight at Winchester, and was engaged at Fisher's Hill, Cedar Creek and in the Petersburg campaign until Lee's surrender. After his discharge he returned to Albany, and then went to Schenectady to work on a farm. In 1866 he went to Iowa, but soon returned to Syracuse and was employed with Mayor Noxon. The next spring he commenced work for himself, buying a farm in the town of Clay. In 1880 he exchanged this farm for the old Tibbitts farm of 110 acres in Manlius, where he has since made his home. He has added twenty acres and had made many improvements, when in 1891 his buildings were totally destroyed by fire. He soon rebuilt, however, and now has one of the finest homes in the county. Aug. 11, 1867, Mr. Buechner married Katrina Myer, a native of Baden, by whom he has five children: William, George, Jacob, Emma M. and George Gottfried. Mr. Buechner and family attend the Baptist church." Source: Bruce, Dwight H. (Ed.), Onondaga's Centennial. Boston History Co., 1896, Vol. II, p. 173.

Gottfried

Charlene Gottfried-Daymude (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gottfried
Sue, My maiden name is Charlene Gottfried. I was born in Fort Wayne, Indiana in 1971. My father is Harry Gottfried. He was born in 1937. His father's(my grandfather's) name is William Gottfried. I am not sure if it is the same William Gottfried as stated in your inquiry but, maybe it is. I am still learning how to do this genealogy stuff. I haven't got all my information together just yet. Please respond to cdaymude32@earthlink.net. I would greatly appreciate it. If it helps any, My grandfather William maried Edith (not sure of her maiden name).

Buechner family tree

Deborah Jean Wilbur Kuehn (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Buechner
Hello Charlene,
I am not sure how you link to Gottfried Buechner, but if you do, I have information on his son Jacob, who, I believe, stayed in the Manlius, Onondaga County area, married, and had several children. You may e-mail me.
Sincerely,
Deborah Jean Wilbur Kuehn

Re: Buechner family tree

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 12:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Buepchner
My name is George Buechner, Gottfried's great-grandson. I would be interested in any info you have about any of his family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions