Search for content in message boards

BURNS FAMILY OF PERRY-HAZARD KENTUCKY

BURNS FAMILY OF PERRY-HAZARD KENTUCKY

Posted: 11 Mar 2007 10:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BURNS OF KY
LOOKING FOR ANYONE THAT MAY BE RELATED TO THE BUNS FAMILY OF PERRY COUNTY, KY....

INTERESTED IN ANY INFO ON BOYD BURNS - MOTHER WAS MARINDA GAYHART THIS WAS IN 1930 CENSUS....I NEED HELP PLEASE...

Re: BURNS FAMILY OF PERRY-HAZARD KENTUCKY

Posted: 12 Mar 2007 12:57PM GMT
Surnames: Vaugh, Burns, MacDonald, Borum
My paternal grandmother was Alice Burns, daughter of Robert and Nancy. She was, she calimed, born in Hazard about 1897. She left Hazard and moved to Chicago by 1915. Her parents were from London, Laurel County, KY. That is about all I know. She did claiom to be half Cherokee but I cannot tell of that was at all true or a myth.

Mike Vaughn

Posted: 24 Mar 2007 12:17AM GMT
looking for bertha burns married hubert nance on 12/2/1916 this all the information i have but., she was from ky..this would my peternal grand mother.she would have died in 1948 49 my e mail is mnnance@hotmail.com

Posted: 5 May 2007 3:21AM GMT
REGARDING THE FAMILY FROM PERRY COUNTY, KY. MY FATHER WAS FROM PERRY COUNTY ORRIGIONALLY. HE WAS MARRIED TO POLLY FREEMAN AT THAT TIME IN THE EARLY 1900. I WAS BORN IN SIZEROCK, KENTUCKY, BUT GREW UP IN BULLSKIN, CLAY, CO. KY. MY FATHERS NAME WAS SIDNEY BURNS. HIS FATHER WAS WILEY BURNS.

Posted: 6 May 2007 12:37AM GMT
Surnames: Burns, Eversole
I found a Boyd Burns, 17, on the 1920 census at Campbell, Perry Co., KY, boarding with the Joseph and Armilda Eversole family, and working for the Illinois Railroad.

Posted: 8 Sep 2007 7:11PM GMT
Surnames: BURNS, VAUGHN, MacDONALD, BORUM
Still hoping to find relatives of Alice Burns, born in Hazard about 1895. She had on her death certificate listed as parents Robert and Nancy Burns. I have not been able to find them anywhere though they may have come from London, KY. There is a possibility that they were her grandparents rather than parents.

Do you have any listings of your ancestors siblings?

Mike Vaughn

Posted: 8 Sep 2007 7:14PM GMT
Surnames: VAUGHN, BURNS, MacDONALD, BORUM
My father told me his mother, Alice Burns, had lived with an Eversole family in Hazard. Have you come across any females listed that would have been born about 1895? I'm beginning to wonder if she adopted the name Alice or if that was truly her given name.

Mike Vaughn

Posted: 18 Sep 2007 2:15PM GMT
Surnames: Burns, Boggs, Bowling, Collins
I have an Alice Burns in my database b. 1894 (from 1900 census) in West Virginia. She is the daughter of Solomon and Mahala Burns. I don't have a maiden name for Mahala. Solomon was a brother to my g-g-grandfather, Robert Burns. They were the sons of Hugh and Eliza Collins Burns. My mom's family is from Perry County, KY, but I believe the Burns family crossed back and forth between Kentucky and West Virginia. Hope this helps you in some way.

Posted: 13 May 2008 4:14AM GMT
Surnames: BURNS VAUGHN MacDONALD BORUM
Here is a photo of my grandmother, Alice BURNS taken about 1943. Does she look like a possible family member?
Attachments:

Posted: 3 Jul 2008 11:53PM GMT
Surnames: Burns
I'm Paul Burns my father was Willis Burns Perry County Ky. His bother/my uncle was Boyd Burns of Perry County Ky. I was at his funeral and carried him to his grave site. He is burried at the cementery in Hazard. If you have addition information or need family history information please contact me. pburns@c3bb.com

Paul

I lived with Boyd and his wife when they lived in London Ky.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions