Brewer on Oct. 15, 1899 Tate Co., MS
this Alexander family is supposed to be from Arab, Marshall Co., AL
any help on Martha Alice Alexander would be greatly appreciated
Rhonda
burrows@watervalley.net

Adam Rankin ALEXANDER

Posted: 28 Apr 2000 7:46AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2002 5:02PM GMT
Some of the descendants of Adam Rankin ALEXANDER were in Marshall County, MS. He is a son of Oliver ALEXANDER, a veteran of the French Indian War and the Revolutionary War. I am one of Oliver's descendants, also. My e-mail address is: razorback54@netscape.net

Adam Rankin Alexander

Joel Alexander (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 5:45AM GMT
I am a direct decendant of Adam. I found quite a bit of info on him (U.S. congressman, Tennesee state rep and senator, War of 1812 service, etc.) I am trying to verify info on his father Oliver Alexander (date and place of birth, death etc.)

Re: Adam Rankin Alexander

Posted: 5 Jul 2001 12:35AM GMT
Surnames: ALEXANDER, DUNCAN
Interested in discussing the Oliver Alexander Line.

I am a descendent through Margaret Paul Alexander, his daughter.

Linda R.

lroberts13@cfl.rr.com

Re: Martha Alice Alexander - Arab, Marshall Co., AL

george boling,,jr. (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2001 10:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
She is buried in the cemetary behind the Crockett Church of Christ located about four miles west of Senatobia, Miss. She was my great grand mother. You are correct that she married a Brewer which is the name on the marker. I am trying to find our Sinquefield connection back further than Arab , Ala. I know there was a Fort Sinquefield and I've come across a Moses Sinquefield. George Sinquefield is buried in Harmony cemetary which is also near Crockett, Miss. Alice could not afford a marker so he was buried on the back side of a man that had a marker. My dad took me there about 20 years ago but I don't know if I could find it again. She had someone cut up old buggy axels for fence post and fenced in this area. I have a picture of this grave yard. I also have a camel back trunk that they loaded some of their belongings in when they made the treck from Alabama to Tate County Mississippi in the late 1800's. The history of Tate County has a lot of Sinquefield familly histories. My dad's mom was Ida Francis Sinquefield a daughter of George and Alice. Right off the top of my head other daughters were Liza who married a Nabors and Dealia or Deley for short who was married to a Brown and then a Hatton. I believe Erskin was a brother. I hope this has been of some help . If you have any thing that can help me go back any further than Arab, Ala. let me know . If you ever make it to Senatobia look up my dad he's getting up in years but his mind is still sharp and maybe he can help you out.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions