Search for content in message boards

John Tierney b. 1868 Minnesota

John Tierney b. 1868 Minnesota

Posted: 9 Feb 2009 2:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm trying to find information on John Tierney, b. Minnesota in 1868 to Bridget (Dillon) Tierney and Michael Tierney. Michael died in 1868, buried in Jessenland, MN. Bridget and son John are listed in the 1880 and 1900 Federal Census in Green Isle, MN, but drop off the map after that. John was still single on the 1900 census, and I suspect that Bridget died before the 1910 census. Also, one census record states that she was the mother of three children, but I haven't found any info on them. I suspect they died young. She came to the US in 1860, whether she was married at that time or not, I haven't discovered yet.

Thanks

Sue

Re: John Tierney b. 1868 Minnesota

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: Tierney/Dillon
I have a Patrick Tierney b 1835 Ireland. He married a Margaret Dillon B Ireland. They settled in San Francisco and had among others, a son John b 1875 SF.
I have no knowledge of your parties. Just thought it a co incidence on the names.
Colleen

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 8:26PM GMT
That is an interesting coincidence. Do you know anything about their parents, place of birth (county), etc?

Posted: 13 Feb 2009 5:30PM GMT
Surnames: Tierney/Dillon
No clue to Patrick's parents or town in Ireland. Margaret Dillon was daughter of Nicholas and Julia (Greeley/Grealey) Dillon. Both from Athenry, Galway, Ire. He and his sons were in iron monger/foundry trade and were listed as such in Waltham, MS 1860 and SF 1870 census.

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 2:50PM GMT
John was the son of Michael & Bridget (Dillon) Tierney. Michael died in Sibley County minnesota and is burried at St. Thomas cemetery. Bridget is burried in St. Brendan's. Will send Family group sheet upon request (John8530@aol.com)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic