Search for content in message boards

John Whaley

John Whaley

Posted: 16 Oct 2000 1:21PM GMT
Edited: 2 Apr 2002 10:53PM GMT
I am looking for information on John Whaley, born abt 1775 in SC. He married Mary ? (Porter). They lived in Georgia and Tenneessee before moving to Indiana. Children: Joseph, John Davis, Mary Anna, Moses, Asa Cunningham Martha. Who were his parents siblings?
Thanks Sylvia

John whaley

Posted: 18 Oct 2000 11:57AM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2002 11:03AM GMT
I think I'm an ancestor of the same John Whaley through Joseph Whaley and Sophia Hall-Whaley who are buried in the Greene Co. chapel in Greene Co. Indiana. I think you had a message before but I didn't feel like finding out at the time if you knew anymore than I did. I know about the children of John Whaley you mentioned and I know about my line of Whaleys from John Whaley to the present. I hope you can find out something about John Whaley futher back than I know of.

John Whaley

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 2:14PM GMT
Edited: 2 Apr 2002 10:53PM GMT
David:
Thanks for your reply. Our line is through Asa Cunningham Whaley, who is also buried in Greene County Indiana. His wife Julia Ann Dobson Whaley is buried in Workman Chapel Cemetery near Maryville, MO.
I will be glad to share what I have with you. Also I would be interested in what you have on the Whaley's.
Do you have information on The Tarkington family or Hugh M. Dobson family?
My e-mail address is: Sylvia@Cameron.net.
Please e-mail me.
thanks Sylvia

Re: John Whaley

kristin mcneal (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2004 3:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
hello, my name is kristin mcneal and I am looking for more information on william franklin whaley because i have a distant cousin by the name of mie kay walker oliphant and her mother's name is marcella gay whaley and that is who i want to get information on who was marcella gay whaley's mother and father because william franklin whaley married the daughter of my 2nd great grandfather james edwards and her name was delilah edwards. i would like to know if any of the children that they had were marcella gay whaley parent. please contact me at kristin_mcneal@yahoo.com if you can find any information for me . thank you. kristin mcneal

Posted: 27 Dec 2004 9:02PM GMT
Hi Kristin,

William Franklin Whaley and Deliliah Edwards Whaley are buried in the Workman Chapel Cemetery in Nodaway County, MO, however there is no stone for them. William's mother, Julia Ann Dobson Whaley, is also buried there with a stone. William and Delilah's son Howard is the grandfather of Marcella and my husband, John. Marcella's father was Paul Whaley and John's father was Gerald Whaley. I have much more information on the Whaley & Edwards familys. I would be glad to exchange information with you.

Which one of the Edwards children do you descend through?

Sylvia Whaley

Posted: 30 Dec 2004 3:19PM GMT
Hi. there, I am the great granddaughter of thomas little edwards who is my grandmother bessie fern edwards father and thomas little edwards was married to a sarah elizabeth brookshire. and my gg grandfather was james edwards. will this help you. thank you for this information.How many times removed am i from mie kay walker oliphant because she is my distant cousin and we are related like half cousins ,can you straighten this out for me. thank you again and happy new year. to you all. kristin mcneal.

Posted: 18 Jan 2005 3:33PM GMT
Hi sylvia, here is my line of the edwards family. james edwards, thomas little edwards, bessie fern edwards, my mother arlene lois williams, myself, kristin mcneal. I know that james edwards married 3 times so i am descended from james edwards and lucinda arthur, thomas little edwards and sarah elizabeth brookshire, bessie fern edwards and harold hudson williams, arlene lois williams and don mcneal and then myself, kristin mcneal . will this help you at all. let me know. thank you . kristin.

Posted: 12 Dec 2011 3:10AM GMT
Surnames: whaley
hello sylvia, this is kristin mcneal here sorry about the delay i have moved to a new apt house and i just now found your message as i am working on the tree too. I found out tha mie kay walker olphilant and i are 3rd c1r, because her mother and i are 3rd cousins and then paul and my mother would be 2nd cousins and then my grandmother bessie fern edwards and howard asa whaley would be 1st cousins and so that thomas little edwards my great grandfather and delilah jane edwards are siblings. can you give me paul whaley birthdate and death date because i do not have them . email me at this address kmcneal255@gmail.com and any other information you can send to me at kristin mcneal, 1203 w. 25th street apt 2, north little rock arkansas 72114 and my phone is 501 251 1235 this is a video phone for the deaf that goes thru a relay operator from sorenson communications.ok . thanks kristin mcneal at kmcneal255@gmail.com

Posted: 12 Dec 2011 3:14AM GMT
i descend from thomas little edwards my great grandfather and who married sarah elizabeth brookshire and they had my grandmother bessie fern edwards, they had 5 chldren all together and bessie was the youngest one. she was born 29 june 1900 and she died march 1975. thanks kristin mcneal at kmcneal@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic