Search for content in message boards

Robert Franklin Henderson, b 20 Jul 1826, d 27 Dec 1885, m Margaret Adaline Rudisill, 1 Jan 1850, NC

Robert Franklin Henderson, b 20 Jul 1826, d 27 Dec 1885, m Margaret Adaline Rudisill, 1 Jan 1850, NC

Kathy Pugh (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2005 1:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Henderson, Rudisill
Please help me find any information on the above individual. He married Margaret Adaline Rudisill 1/1/1850. They were from Mecklenburg, Lincoln and Gaston counties, of N.C. He was also known to have lived in York, S.C. in 1860. I would like to know his mother and father and any ancestors prior to them. Also Robert's and Margaret's place of burial.

Any help locating information on the above would be appreciated.

James M. Henderson, b c 1830, NC, m Celena V. Caston, 1854, York Co, SC

Posted: 14 Mar 2008 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Caston, Henderson
I have a similar Henderson story. James M. Henderson b. approx 1830 in N. He was the Editor of the Concord Gazette in Cabarrus Co NC at the time of his marriage in 1854 to Celena V. Caston. They were married in York Co, SC. She apparently was from Lancaster Co, SC. Anything/anyone sound familiar?

Re: Robert Franklin Henderson, b 20 Jul 1826, d 27 Dec 1885, m Margaret Adaline Rudisill, 1 Jan 1850, NC

Posted: 24 Mar 2008 7:34PM GMT
Surnames: Henderson, Rudisill
Hello Cuz: I am a direct descendant of Robt Franklin Henderson and Margaret Adeline Rudisill's oldest child JOHN WORTH. We (Mom and extended cousins)too are brickwalled by Robert Franklin Henderson's birth and origins. Your name sounds familiar? have you been in touch with my mom Carol in MD??? let me know before I post alot of info that you already have.

Re: James M. Henderson, b c 1830, NC, m Celena V. Caston, 1854, York Co, SC

Posted: 24 Mar 2008 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Henderson
Your names do not connect with our family although the locations are similar/same along the NC/SC line. There is another large Henderson family in this area. Contact the Olde Mecklenburg Genealogy Society
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ncomgs/ to see their member's surnames search list, publications archives etc. I once was in contact with Tina, an OMGS member from this Henderson family but lost the contact info.
I assume you have explored the York (SC) sites http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~scyork/Society AND
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~usgenweb/sc/sca_york.html

Re: Robert Franklin Henderson, b 20 Jul 1826, d 27 Dec 1885, m Margaret Adaline Rudisill, 1 Jan 1850, NC

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 11:09PM GMT
Hey! It's your cousin Linda! I have some info for you. Robert Franklin Henderson DOES list himself in 1880 as J.M. Henderson. This is why no one could find him in the 1880 census. I DO believe that these are the initials of his father and that he's using them for some reason. Just thought I'd touch base. Children and dates are the same and he lists himself as being born in SC. Same man, different name.

Linda

Posted: 31 Mar 2008 11:11PM GMT
Kathy,

Please contact me at jomilu2005 at juno dot com. I am John Worth Henderson's paternal great great granddaughter through his son, William Alphonso. I have a few photos and genealogical info on the Henderson on my private website. Please contact me for the password.

Linda

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 5:17AM GMT
Surnames: Henderson, Hawkins, Adams, Mendenhall, Rudisill
FOUND!

Robert Franklin Henderson was the son of James M. Henderson and Mary Hays of Yorkville, SC. Their children were: Mary C. Henderson Adams (married Ebenezer Wilson Adams), Archibald Henderson (married Hannah Jane Faries), Martha "Patsy" Henderson (married William Millen), John N. Henderson (married Becky Kincaid), Robert Franklin Henderson (married Margaret A. Rudisill), and William A. Henderson (married Mary Mendenhall). All can be found in Gaston Co., NC in the census except for Archibald who moves first to Arkansas and then with his sons, Jonathan L. Henderson and Harry/Harvey Henderson, to Ellis and Erath counties in Texas.

I found this information last week in the estate papers of Abi Henderson, daughter of William A. Henderson. Abi died in 1911 and left no heirs so her estate reps began a search for descendants and through detailed information, listed all of her father's siblings and their descendants. Robert Franklin was listed along with his children and grandchildren (I am descended through his son, John Worth Henderson).

Abi and her family, along with the Adams's (and Hawkins - a daughter) are buried in Olney Cemetery in Gaston Co., NC. Martha "Patsy" Henderson Millen's son, John, is buried in Cherryville. The other Millen children changed their last names to "Milling".

I hope this helps all who have been searching for years for Robert Franklin Henderson's siblings and/or parents.

Posted: 24 Oct 2013 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Henderson, Faries
I tried to add these pages to my family tree. It only let me get partial pages and of course no mention of Archibald and Hannah Jane Henderson. Would it be possible to email me these pages? Thank You, Candi
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions