Search for content in message boards

ERKENBRECK, Stephen

ERKENBRECK, Stephen

Sue Goodfellow (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Stephen Erkenbreck, "Manlius, was born in the town of Johnstown, Jan. 27, 1838. Frederick, his father, was born at Livingston's Manor, Columbia Co., July 8, 1805. The family are of Dutch descent and first came to this country in 1732. Their ancestors were soldiers in the French and Indian war, also members of the Continental army under General Washington. Frederick was five years old when his father, Jacob, moved to Fulton Co. and engaged in farming and lumbering. He was educated in the common schools, then engaged in farming. In 1856 he moved to Onondaga Co., buying a farm of seventy-six acres in the town of Manlius, where he died July 31, 1886. His wife, Gertrude Snell, died in May, 1882. They had four children, two of whom are now living, Sanford, a farmer of this town, and Stephen. The latter was given a good common school education and made a special study of mathematics, studying at Cliff Hill, also in Illinois. After leaving school he engaged in farming and remained with his father until 1863. In 1865 he bought a farm of fifty-three acres, where he has since made his home. Mr. Erkenbreck has served as trustee of the schools. Jan. 7, 1863, he married Polly A. Van Tassell, of Manlius, who died June 28, 1872, leaving two children: Cora, wife of William Diefendorf, and Kate, wife of Burt White. In 1874 Mr. Erkenbreck married Maria Metz, of Manlius." Source: Bruce, Dwight H. (Ed.), Onondaga's Centennial. Boston History Co., 1896, Vol. II, p. 178.

ERCHENBRECHT

Gerald James Argabright (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
I am trying to learn about the descendants of Hans George Erchenbrecht (Ergenbrecht, etc...). He came to Philadelphia in 1732 aboard the "Mary" from Rotterdam. He had at least two sons, Hans Martin and Jacob(and possibly Casper et al.?) who settled in Augusta and Rockingham Counties, Virginia by the 1760's. The next generation is difficult to detail because of multiple uses of the names Jacob, George, Maria,
Christina, Frederick, et al. Is there a possible link between one of my Jacobs to your Jacob Erkenbreck? If so, do you have any info on these early ancestors?

Re: ERCHENBRECHT

Posted: 20 Nov 2004 4:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Feb 2005 8:03PM GMT
I am related to Hans Martin Erkenbrecht...way back. My immediate grandfather, Darius Argabright, son of Ira Argabright came from Union Star KY. Am interested in any information you have.

Posted: 13 Feb 2009 11:59PM GMT
Surnames: Erchenbrecht, Ergenbrecht, Argenbright
Hello,

I'm Tamra, a decendant of Hans Georg Erchenbrecht (1687 - 1752) and Ursula Metzher (1690 - 1760) through their daughter Anna Elizabeth Ergenbrecht who married Johan Frederick Rathvon. Hans Georg and Ursula's sons were Hans Georg, Hans Martin, Johan Martin, and Jacob. Their daughters were Anna Catherina, Maria Catherina, and Anna Elizabeth, possible another daughter named Catherina. Would like to share ancestral information with you. I have a family tree on myheritage. My email is tamrakat@yahoo.com Thanks!

Posted: 14 Feb 2009 12:05AM GMT
Surnames: Erchenbrecht, Ergenbrecht, Argenbright
Hello,

I'm Tamra, a decendant of Hans Georg Erchenbrecht (1687 - 1752) and Ursula Metzher (1690 - 1760) through their daughter Anna Elizabeth Ergenbrecht who married Johan Frederick Rathvon. Hans Georg and Ursula's sons were Hans Georg, Hans Martin, Johan Martin, and Jacob. Their daughters were Anna Catherina, Maria Catherina, and Anna Elizabeth, possible another daughter named Catherina. Would like to share ancestral information with you. I have a family tree on myheritage. My email is tamrakat@yahoo.com Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions